Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Until the End of the world ZooTV version with Helix 3.5

Until the End of the world ZooTV version with Helix 3.5

Hi all (the few we are left in this forum...)

With the release of 3.5 firmware there were some nice additions, I used them to refine the patch I had for this great song. I love the energy of the first live version.
    I made the backing track using audio strip to remove the guitar from song played at the concert in Adelaide in 93.
    I'm quite happy with the tone. Sometimes I wonder if I should get a FM9 but the Helix keeps giving me reasons to keep it.

I hope you enjoy it

Fantasic cover. Excellent playing. I'd say save your money and stick with the Helix, you have it dialed in perfectly.

Lovely stuff Fernando.

if you don?t mind me asking, what sort of signal chain did you use for this tone? This song is eluding me big time.

the overdriven signal sounds spot on (I assume two drive pedals) , and fits the selection of the song perfectly.

I?d love to emulate the Sacramento version or have someone having a go at it.

Cheers.

Great sounds and playing :-) i luv the zoo tv sounds

the Helix is from line6 .. am still using a M9 and a
    a whole bunch of other gear

Quote Originally Posted by Voxguy76 View Post
    Fantasic cover. Excellent playing. I'd say save your money and stick with the Helix, you have it dialed in perfectly.
    Thanks
    Yes, in terms of versatility, specially with the Variax and the Powercab, I find it unbeatable, and the sound has improved a lot as well (was already good). So yes, I'm sticking with it !

Quote Originally Posted by nosek View Post
    Lovely stuff Fernando.

if you don?t mind me asking, what sort of signal chain did you use for this tone? This song is eluding me big time.

Thanks Nosek,
    Well this is based on the Zootv tone in general, you're really not far off to the tone of the Sacramento concert, (splitting hairs here ) Even though I agree it's a cool one, but without his LP standard it gets difficult to come much closer than this to me.

Signal chain for the main tone is: (yes two drives) Teemah acting as preamp (low gain) -> Tube drive (from the legacy drives but it comes really close to a OD2) -> vintage digital delay -> a vox AC30 and a A30 Fawn Nrm in parallel -> EQ low and high shelf to tame down a bit the high end -> double IRs (Ownhammer Blue with 58) -> EQ low and high cuts -> Reverb
    For the verses I switch off the Tube drive and I increase a bit the gain on the teemah, for the outtro I add a harmonic flanger before the delay.
    I must say that I've tweaked this preset to the infinity and beyond.... but now I'm quite happy
    Last edited by felobo; 11-22-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce365ms View Post
    Great sounds and playing :-) i luv the zoo tv sounds

the Helix is from line6 .. am still using a M9 and a
    a whole bunch of other gear

Thanks Bruce!
    I guess that you play through an amp then, right ?. Nothing beats that IMO

Hi,
    very interesting signal chain, I?m trying with Helix many combination and teemah as first never.. Is possible to see your patch setting? i am abble to share my playlist of 50 presets . For preamp I use studio pre with specific settings with combination of other effect, but I?m very interesting of other combination. After trying many combinations, effect setings, other users preset, still haven?t found, what I?m looking for.. ;-) Martin

felobo yes a good few amps one being a vox ac15 but not used any amps live in years

Thanks Fernando.

The timmy in front. I wouldn't have figure it out. Lots of combos I have tried, and never quite satisfied with them (closest I can get is the esoteric RCB + super OD on the fractal)

Funny you mentioned the flanger, as I put one on, just before the solo, just like Sacramento version (at least to my ears)

I will definitely try to fidget with the EQ as you described hereabove.

"I must say that I've tweaked this preset to the infinity and beyond"
    ..been there, done that...but this tune is by far the winner

Have to get the Paris outro either by hook or by crook.

Cheers.

Long live Zoo Tv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast