Thread: fm3

fm3

Hi, do some of own this little thing? thanks

I bought a FM3 and I am very happy with it. For christmas I will expand it with a HELIX Stomp to simulate two amps at the same time.

I almost bought an FM3 this year but I was afraid that its format would be a handicap (I am not comfortable with foot switches when I play).
    Good news (unless you're a FM3 user) is that Fractal Audio System is going to release the FM9. More switches and the possibility of simulating two amps !
    Still no expression pedal though and an higher price than the FM3.
    Last edited by JKybot; 11-19-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks a lot, is there a huge earable difference between an Helix and the FM3?

Before I bought the fm3, I owned a helix lt. Both devices are great fun to work with. In my opinion, the user interface of the helix is ​​more intuitive and a bit tidier and more modern.

Quote Originally Posted by boide51 View Post
    Thanks a lot, is there a huge earable difference between an Helix and the FM3?
    In regards to the delays and reverbs (shimmer) the Fractal is much better IMHO, for everything else I’d say they are on par. I’d give the edge (pardon the pun) to the Helix for overdrives. +1 to what Gitarrencooper said, the Helix is so much easier to use and extremely intuitive. Fractal, not so much.