Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to Buy Edge Strat

Looking to Buy Edge Strat

Anyone know where I can get one? I missed that they discontinued it. I almost picked one up last year but haven't been playing much. Would like to find one in US.

Michael
    U2GTAdministrator

Hi Michael
    Glad to see you posting! Should we expect to see you around here more often?
    I couldn't help you with a purchase in the USA because I live in France but, in my case, I got my hands on it completely by chance.
    I was looking at ads on Reverb from French sellers when I came across the one for The Edge Strat.
    Its price was exorbitant, even for a US Strat that is no longer manufactured but it was probably my one and only chance to have it. So I took it (by negotiating the price down!).
    Have you changed your mind about this guitar? I think I read on the dedicated thread that you didn't seem convinced at the time of its release.

You could make something almost exactly identical by getting a black American Standard, put an Allparts LMF-C neck on it, swap the pickups, locking tuners, no load tone pot, headstock decal... and that's basically it. There's really not much different about The Edge strat. The only part that's really "special" is the neck, in that it's an American Standard neck with a big headstock. But the Allparts neck above would be very, very similar. Warmoth could make you one without the bullet truss rod that would be even closer to identical. Everything else you can literally get off EBay. That's the great thing about Fenders - they're made of all replaceable parts! Spoils the idea of "signature" models a bit though, IMO...

Thanks all! I've already built frankenstrats and don't want to go through the hassle. I'll watch for one on eBay or Reverb. Hoping to get back into this next year!
    U2GTAdministrator

I have an extra one. I replaced the pick guard and pick up covers with black OEM parts. I kept all the original parts to it. I may be willing to let this go if you’re interested. It’s in really good condition and rarely played. Just spends its time living in its case. Let me know and we can negotiate price.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hoping to get back into this next year!
    That would be great !

I just PM's you. Thank you for posting!
    U2GTAdministrator

Really hope you do Michael, your tutorials are fantastic mate!

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/O...2010-26-15.pdf

After discovering Fender cancelled production of the Edge's signature strat I built an Edge Strat using this blue print.

I was able to purchase each exact part number individually, got a "The Edge" loaded pickguard from 920D Custom.

Wasn't cheap but it's wicked!!!

Hi Michael, did you get it from Csipp?
    I may be interested too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast