Thread: Please Guitar Cover with KORG A2 (Video)

Please Guitar Cover with KORG A2 (Video)

My take on this great song. The KORG A2 settings are in the description of the video on YouTube. Thanks to wildmorphlaw for his great tutorial!

nice work! It sounds really good. It's such a powerful song. You captured it well.

The 2nd patch is a little quiet so you've got some leveling to do still. And the distortion sounded more 'crackly' than 'tube creamy' and had seemed to be in a rough mid level frequency that competed with the rest of the guitar attack.

I really liked your cover here Happy24. It's rare I watch these all the way through and I watched every second of yours and enjoyed it.

Thank you, guys!

Storm, you are absolutely right about the sound. In fact, I think both patches 1 and 2 are a bit too quiet, the thing is, that KORG only has 1-10 volume scale (I think) and when I diled 1 number higher, it was already too much compared to patche 3 and 4. Of course, I could fiddle with the levels of the recorded sound afterwards...

And again - yes, the patch 3 has more distortion than it should have. It is a problem that I generally have, that when I play the song, the sound seems to be okay, but then, when I record it and only focus on the sound, I hear way more clearly what should have been different. Of course, I could do a test recording, but I am lazy for that :-)

Interesting. Does the distortion on Patchh 3 have a Tone setting by chance?

It sounds great. It's a nice complete video to have.

Oh yeah, the distortion (hard distortion in this case actually) has a number of parameters tha can be set - drive, level, bass gain, mid-fc, mid gain (cutting or boosting mid frequencies) and treble. Looking at my settings, I have boosted the basses and mids quite a bit and cut a little bit of the treble.
    Last edited by Happy24; 03-15-2019 at 05:25 AM.

I think you nailed the groove and your version sounds epic. It's a very difficult song imho. Congrats!
    Last edited by BlueSquirrel; 05-19-2019 at 08:02 PM.