Thread: Wookiebait Gear with questions.

Wookiebait Gear with questions.

Hey guys,

Currently I am using my 2018 Epi LP. I am running it into my HD500X which then travels a bit further down to a 10 Watt Marshall Amp (bleh I know).

I play at home and am unsure of ever venturing out to play, but maybe joining a garage band is possible. With that said I would like to hear your opinions on which way to proceed forward. Should I save and upgrade to an Axe Fx II or buy a AC30 or should I be upgrading something else first? Thanks and have a good day.

Wookie

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebait View Post
    Hey guys,

Currently I am using my 2018 Epi LP. I am running it into my HD500X which then travels a bit further down to a 10 Watt Marshall Amp (bleh I know).

I play at home and am unsure of ever venturing out to play, but maybe joining a garage band is possible. With that said I would like to hear your opinions on which way to proceed forward. Should I save and upgrade to an Axe Fx II or buy a AC30 or should I be upgrading something else first? Thanks and have a good day.

Wookie

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I would upgrade the effects unit first. HD500 is great (used one for years and still have it) but the AC30 amp modeling sounds, well, crap..

If you get an Axefx (or, also very good, a Helix) you really don't need an amp at all. Run it dirrctly to p.a. and use a monitor speaker for yourself.

I haven't used an amp since i've got a Helix and i'm very happy with that considering my AC30 is very heavy and takes up too much space in my car.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

If you get an axe, you don’t need an ac30. In fact, you’ll much prefer it just because of how easy it makes life and the amount of control you have. And you won’t really need to buy effects again unless for fun.

I would mention that you don't need to buy the latest and greatest Axe either, the XL would do you just fine for at least a few years and the price on those are around 1000.00 -1200.00 USD.

Victor

AXE FXII (any version). I suggest also to look for an Axe FXII Mk1 or Mk2 (previous version of the XL). The sound of the various version of the AXE FXII is the same for all units and also the CPU power. The only things that change between the models are described here https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...el_differences
    All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us.