Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irongear pickups

Irongear pickups

Hi guys. If I wanted to upgrade my epiphone les paul pups, which of irongear humbuckers model would be the best? Blues Engine, Rolling Mill or Tesla Shark? Strangely for u2 sound I asked them and they suggested me Tesla Sharks.... The Slash inspired model.... What do you suggest? Which are the most versatile ones? Please help me to decide 😀

Don't get Irongear pickups, get a set of Manlius T-Tops, I have them and they're great. T-Tops are the pickups that are in Edge's 1972 Les Paul Custom that he auctioned off.

Quote Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
    Don't get Irongear pickups, get a set of Manlius T-Tops, I have them and they're great. T-Tops are the pickups that are in Edge's 1972 Les Paul Custom that he auctioned off.
    I agree with you about this, but if you have to put the same pups in 4 guitars, it starts to get not so cheap 😀

Why don't you get different pickups in each of the guitars so you''ll have more tonal variation?

I bought the Explorer of Alex (U2 Experience) a while a go and that's loaded with the blies engines.
    I think they're very good. I have Manlius t tops in my les paul and the blues engines hold their own in comparison.

The blues engines are a little bit hotter but i'm fine with that. Just dial in accordingly!

Big plus is the price!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer32 View Post
    I bought the Explorer of Alex (U2 Experience) a while a go and that's loaded with the blies engines.
    I think they're very good. I have Manlius t tops in my les paul and the blues engines hold their own in comparison.

The blues engines are a little bit hotter but i'm fine with that. Just dial in accordingly!

Big plus is the price!!

Thanks! I just read around the web that blues engine are the closest to t-tops 😊

Quote Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
    Why don't you get different pickups in each of the guitars so you''ll have more tonal variation?
    I like the same pups in at least 2 guitars to have the same sound when playing, just because if live one string breaks, you have the other one ready. You think that I shouldnt care about that?

To be honest the pups I immediately fell in love with are the standard epiphone ones... The cheapest... I build up all my covers with them and I think they are verything than bad pups

Quote Originally Posted by Mantel View Post
    Thanks! I just read around the web that blues engine are the closest to t-tops
    I would agree, certainly in that price range

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer32 View Post
    I would agree, certainly in that price range

I just asked Irongear about this and they insist that Rolling Mill pups are the closest one to t-tops, because of Alnico 5 magnet inside... What a mess!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast