Thread: History of U2 on The Drums

History of U2 on The Drums

This is pretty cool:

-Phil

amazing !!!!

super cool. thanks for posting.

Already posted !
    http://forum.u2guitartutorials.com/s...e-U2-drumming-!
    BTW, nice to heazr from you phil !
    Cheers
    ZOLAIVE

Here's what Edgewannabe said about the video :
    "A small thing perhaps, and it doesn't make any less cool to watch. But Larry will sometimes use a floortom on the left side of the snare. For instance in Pride, where you can hear a quick dark tom hit throughout. The same for live versions of Bullet, for parts he will hit a floortom instead of the snare, and then he changes to the snare for other parts of the song. He has said that it was something he did for Pride (I think it was), because he couldn't find a way to play the thing he heard in his head. He said a more skilled drummer would find a way to do it with the kick drum pedal, but he found it easier to move a tom over "

As a drummer who learned by playing U2 songs, there's a ton of mistakes in this video, especially in the earlier material. And yup, EdgeWannabe is completely right about the left floor tom, Larry uses it in Pride, Bullet, With or Without You, Desire, One, and Zooropa. And that's just the songs in the video.

. I'm trying to pla a bit of drums myself, and that thing was something I picked up almost at once by looking at videos. I'm sure the guy on the video also knows, just couldn't be bothered to move the floor tom
    Kjetil Gilje