Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs of Experience - LEAKED (spoiler)

I am not gonna polluted my ears with inferior quality recordings... I want the full on Experience.....

Top 5? Wow, call me a cynic but there is no way I'm going to have that experience (no pun intended). AB, Zooropa, Pop, Rattle&Hum, UF, JT, Boy, War. That is 8. We'll see inn a few years how this one fares compared to the rest

Can I ask how old you are mysteriousways?
    Kjetil Gilje

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgewannabe View Post
    Top 5? Wow, call me a cynic but there is no way I'm going to have that experience (no pun intended). AB, Zooropa, Pop, Rattle&Hum, UF, JT, Boy, War. That is 8. We'll see inn a few years how this one fares compared to the rest

EWB, while you're at it, you can throw All That You Can't Leave Behind and Vertigo in there ahead of Experience!

Can I ask how old you are mysteriousways?
    I'm 23. So maybe it's different for me since I've grown up with their more recent stuff. This is an awesome album though. I know there's not a lot of standout guitar moments since u2 has gone down the mainstream pop route, but these songs are strong. JT is #6 for you? Most u2 fans put either JT or AB at #1

Good news, studio quality versions were uploaded. https://wetransfer.com/downloads/79e...6130928/caeca0

If you have an iPhone, download iZip off the app store and then unzip the download with the app. You'll be able to figure it out.

Well, the order have changed a bit over the years but I don't think I ever put JT before AB, Zooropa, Pop, Rattle & Hum on my personal "list". Jt is a classic album and I really like it, I just think the other there are even more magical to me. If I would think of JT as the album plus great live versions of the songs it would be hard to get out of top 3 for me

I'm 39 and first heard U2 when AB came out (I was a big fan instantly)
    Kjetil Gilje

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriouswaysboy View Post
    Good news, studio quality versions were uploaded. https://wetransfer.com/downloads/79e...6130928/caeca0

If you have an iPhone, download iZip off the app store and then unzip the download with the app. You'll be able to figure it out.
    Ok. Well now I won’t listen just on principle.

Well, the order have changed a bit over the years but I don't think I ever put JT before AB, Zooropa, Pop, Rattle & Hum on my personal "list". Jt is a classic album and I really like it, I just think the other there are even more magical to me. If I would think of JT as the album plus great live versions of the songs it would be hard to get out of top 3 for me

I'm 39 and first heard U2 when AB came out (I was a big fan instantly)
    I think each album, if taken in the context of the year it was released, was an amazing achievement up until arguably POP. Then it became more debatable amongst fans but like some have said... even a regular, walk in the park project from U2 is amazing. We are just used to it at this point.

I think SOE is gonna be a another moment in the U2 Canon.... but we don’t have the luxury of the passage of time yet....

Thanks a lot mysteriouswaysboys! It's indeed the special edition in good quality
    Kjetil Gilje

Quote Originally Posted by JCU2 View Post
    Ok. Well now I won’t listen just on principle.
    That makes two of us.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast