Thread: The First Time acoustic cover

The First Time acoustic cover

Hello everyone.

Here is my interpretation of this beautiful song :

It's The First Time I take some liberty with a U2 song and put my own touch on it XD

It's based on the falsetto version you can find on youtube. Try'in the falstetto make me realise once again how Bono's voice is charming! He puts such an emotion in it that you feel instantly well XD

Hope you'll like it. It's more to have fun that to make something serious!

See you soon!
    Everything is in our Hands

well gdc, where shud i start? first, i love that song. it has such power. i love, that you put your own flavor in there. it makes it new and fresh. the idea with the whistling is great. very uplifting. but tbh, the very highlight for me personally is the singing. i struggle with falsetto a lot, so i can appreciate what you did there. and i agree with you: bonos falsetto is very emotional, i dont even come close to that colorful, warm touch.
    great stuff, gdc. thx for sharing.

Blog Entries
    One of my favourite songs from Zooropa and very underrated in my opinion. Look at you G, hiding that falsetto for all these years haha! As Joe said, the whistling improv is cool and something I've never heard done before. Oh and Joe is kinda underplaying it when he says he loves this song. I mean he really LOVES it. Like if you start playing it in a dark and remote German barn, he gets goosebumps and stuff ;-)

What did you user for the drums and strings?
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

LMAO

true, though...