Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Edgewannabe's gear

Fair enough, I've just bought a Vox AC4 tv online today.
    My wife will find out in a couple of days when it arrives, she cant understand why I need more than 1 guitar and 1 amp.

Nice collection

Blog Entries
    Nice collection of essentials. What you say about having gear for personal enjoyment rings true with me too, all blokes need a hobby. And you're right about bands too, at least in my experience, the fun bit starts to dissipate when egos, stress, commitment and money get in the way.

I noticed your Strats all have different PUP's - are they all U2 related add-ons or do you like to keep your Axes primed for other music too? I was also interested in the 1st Fender - Baseplate and Blender Pot - what's that do?

Blog Entries
    One strat and one LP in Eb, and one of each in standard.
    Yep, this is my primary reason for wanting a second guitar. Sick of having to tune between E and Eb
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Quote Originally Posted by TooTone76 View Post
    I noticed your Strats all have different PUP's - are they all U2 related add-ons or do you like to keep your Axes primed for other music too? I was also interested in the 1st Fender - Baseplate and Blender Pot - what's that do?
    I did want to get some kind of upgraded pickups for my Strat and Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots were the first I tried. I didn't want to get too caught up in it, I thought as long as I get some vintage, lom/medium output type alnico pickups I was OK. There is a blender pot on the second tone control to blend neck and bridge pickup together for a Tele-esque sound. The first tone control is tone for all pickups.

Then I bought a guitar that already had Fralin Real 54 installed, and a Strat that already had Suhr pickups installed. I've later bought some Fender Custom Shop 69s single coils from Gerry/U2john316, but I never got around to try them out (still in the box). I've tried a few different pickups in my Explorer, right now I have 2 Fralin PAFs. Not sure what I think of them, earlier I had Seth Lover in the bridge and stock Epi neck hb. The SL didn't have gold covers so that was the main reason I just bough a set of some type of PAF with gold covers. Not because they were Fralins.

I share absolutlely your philosophy of guitar playing ewb.
    The difference is that I am married with a son 7 years old. I have to make some choices !

I had my POD HD500 for christmas, and I don't have really found 30 minutes to use it !

Well, looks like I'm going back to the Ultra. At least that is what I see in front om me here in my apartment. I had one from August 2008 to October 2010, and now I just bought another. I'd be lying if I said it was planned, I just saw an ad a few days ago of a guy not 5 minutes from where I live selling one. 10 months old, plastic still on the display, as new. I felt the price was so good I could give it another go.

Welcome back to the Ultra club ! :P
    //// Fabrice

Blog Entries
    There's just no escape, ewb...

;-p

Obviously not, thanks Fabrice

Congrats Kjetil. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about going back to the Axe-fx too, but the HD500 has been doing fine.....at least for now

Ryan

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast