Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloria Test

Gloria Test

Little test before going further :

Does anyone knows what delay time Edge uses for this one and how does he achieve the sound before the slide solo? (sounds like an infinite sustained note but seems to be done with heavy disto and larsen ?)

Thanks
    Everything is in our Hands

Quote Originally Posted by GDoublecutaway View Post
    Little test before going further :

Does anyone knows what delay time Edge uses for this one and how does he achieve the sound before the slide solo? (sounds like an infinite sustained note but seems to be done with heavy disto and larsen ?)

Thanks
    Sounds great so far (like everything you post )
    Not sure what you mean by "larsen" but i think the beginning of the solo is just a very well controlled feedback.
    I really don't know how he does it (exept with a lot of volume) but will be interested in finding out too!

for the slide solo i add the compressor and it seems to work well

Nice sound..what did you use?

Nice sound but I'd add more power to it and to playing. How do you record? You have an instrumental microphone??

Blog Entries
    I partially agree with olekc111, i think guitars are fine (studio version?), but drums could have some more power/rock to it.

On solo: you have the same problem as i have, how to get that intro to the solo. For the axe fx i found a "feedback" preset (with expression pedal) to add "feedback" . For you, i think you'll need to put the guitar in front of the ac15 and try to get it to feedback.

On abrs i can't see how edge does it.

Thanks for your replies guys!

First, I use : Strat -- SD-1 -- MXR Dynacomp -- DD20 (412 ms) -- M13 analog dly (206 ms) -- vox AC15.

I'm using two delays to get it more powerfull but I still don't know what time does he use? Anyone has an idea?

As for the solo part I meant "feedbak" instead of "larsen". Lasen is french word for "feedback", sorry...
    for this part, I'll try to combine a lot of sustain on the MXR with puting my guitar in front of the amp (like you say Jacques) and see what it sounds like.

As for the "bigger" sound I'll see what I can do with the drums plug in but it's very cheap and I don't know if I can get a better sound.

Anyway, thanks for your replies! I'll come back with the results ^^

Nice clip GDoublecutaway

try this short delay->135ms +315ms and for 'this is the edge' part 437ms
    for feedback maybe just turn the drive right up on the SD-1 it should feeback
    easily;-) try the compressor + SD-1 for the slide part and 'This is edge part'
    am sure he switches to neck pup.

this live version from 'The Tube' in 1983 is pretty cool to hear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k__BjW53eDQ

Sorry guys but I didn't succeed to achieve the solo sound... It doesn't really feedback and there's not enough sustain.

Anyway, thanks for your replies. Maybe it will work better later

Good live performance Bruce it's a great vid to play along and to study bass line since the guitar is very low in the mix

SOunds nice to my ears, good work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast