Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vertigo Cover (POD HD500)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    agree with everything storm said. great playing! u appear a bit stiff and very concentrated. to fight RLS, try standing up and/or beer. that usually works best.
    never tried this song myself, but your video make me wanna give this a go myself. thx for sharing. looking fwd to more covers from you already!
    Thanks, and I'm sure that beer will work great

Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    it's the only way I function
    (German father / Irish mother I have no choice)
    LOL, beer is your water

Real nice effort. I've recently started working on this song too and other than the initial awkwardness of learning the sliding chords on the main riff, it is so much fun to play!
    For me, I now need to buckle down and work on my preset (also using an HD500).
    Regarding your cover, I would agree with Joe Black on loosening up a bit. There's a lot of quick strumming in Vertigo and when you need to do several strums in a row I think you are behind in the timing by the time you finish them. (kind a thing)
    This is a fun song to just rock out to and be too cool for school while playing.
    I also agree it's a good song to stand up and play if you are comfortable with that. Sometimes I cheat a bit and use power chords on the first two chords of the chorus as I struggle a bit with clean full bar chords up higher on the neck while standing.

If anyone is interested in using this thread to post HD500 Vertigo patches and collaborating on making a good one I'd be up for contributing.

I am myself not able to play the song.
    Also, I just can make one comment.

Great playing , and well done !

Thanks for sharing
    You made me think that I should try again this one again (not successful on the first attempt ! )
    Here is also a tutorial I could use (great channel in general) , and of course the tutorial from Michael
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0DCOLr678c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12