Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BAD studio - AXE FX2 - FW18+

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PJM View Post
    Tried downloading again . Strange its not working tried axe edit and Frac Bot to be sure . All other presets import fine . Have to have a re think tomorrow
    What fw are you on? Think mine is 18.12, so latest public version.

Sent from my iPhone hating tapacrap

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    What fw are you on? Think mine is 18.12, so latest public version.

Sent from my iPhone hating tapacrap
    I'm on 18.07 . Might be worth installing the FW again I think . Worth a try

Blog Entries
    Your preset loads on v19.x beta.

Preset sounds excellent ! Went straight to FW 18.12 . Ghost in the machine Nice base tone to work with also .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PJM View Post
    Nice base tone to work with also .
    That was actually the goal; one for cleaner sounds (this one) and one for more drive (uteotw). I am working on the last one, but sofar it gave me (imho) a great IWF sound.

o_O Crazy!!! Just awesome sound!

It would be great to hear a full cover

I once was close to this studio version (but far from your's ^^) with my Explorer in middle position too. definitely the right config

Congrats!
    Last edited by GDoublecutaway; 05-25-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Nice to hear it works for many of you. The sample from Jacques is indeed sooo nice and sweet.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seems to work for me. A least without tweaking.
    It sounds good and remain a very nice base tone, no doubt, but I could not find yet the combination pickup/volume/tone to make it sound even close to this sample.
    A lot too much bassy sound. Probably due to different picklup. I don't know.
    I also tried with my gibson with P90, which has more brilliant pickup, without much success.

Currently, I always prefer the Stratocaster with other preset on this song. But I am not really satisfied anymore with any of my presets after listening Jacques.

(The preset from Jacques works very well too with stratocaster type guitar)

I really hope I could find the trick to make this preset sounds like Jacques's sample on my guitar !

Manu, did you tried to activate the low cuts on boths amps ? This is actually the only tweaks that i've made.
    //// Fabrice

Question for Jacques.
    Why your preset volume are so high generally ??
    I mean, with guitar volume on 5, I need to reduce 8db on the preset output to be at about 0db level on the Axe FX II vu-meters.
    (all my presets are levelled at about -3db on the Axe FX VU-meters.
    I have also noted that with your preset you almost always notice to reduce volume and/or tone on the guitar. Is it because of the seth lovers characteristics ? I never do that on my guitars. Too much complicated to change back the tone after every song.
    How loud do you play at home ? With your preset's original volume , i will probably getting divorced within a month ! and I can almost not play so loud in my small guitar room . Very loud.

Last question for Jacques.
    Could you explain the setting of the mixer, and what it makes ?

Just curious
    Last edited by manu68; 05-26-2015 at 07:46 AM.

@ macphistoo.
    I didn't change much yet on the preset itself (except the output volume , see above)
    I have just tried with all pickups (including splitting the humbuckers), played with the volume/tone, tried different guitars, with or without the reverb, ...
    Nothing close to the sound of Jacques.
    It sounds good with the backtrack, but by far not the same as jacques. (of course I have an epiphone and not a gibson with seth lovers pickups)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast