Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ISHFWILF Milan Live Cover

ISHFWILF Milan Live Cover

Hey everyone, I thought I would give this one try, not sure if all parts are correct but I tried to follow the Live Version as best I could, It might be a slightly overdriven but I kinda liked the way it sounded so I went with it Any comments welcome, Thank for Listening.https://soundcloud.com/vic909b1/i-st...lan-live-cover

Vic

jeez, thats ridiculous. are you trolling us? whats the sense in posting here an original track with edge playing, just ripped of the dvd?
    lol. honestly, this is outstanding. my first thought really was, that there is something wrong with the mix,as i only hear the original guitar and no cover guitar.
    spot on tone, fantastic playing. great job on the mixing.
    but especially the tone nails it: nice n chimey, great bouncy delays, blends flawlessly into the bt.
    awesome.

"Trop fort"... (it means that your sound is clearly amazing !!! Powerfull, great great EQing, nice grit, great bounces with the delays). How the hell did you get this sound ? I've been working on this song for a while and got some nice tones but not as clear and pure as yours.
    Cheers
    ZOLAIVE
    By the way, where did you find your backing track ?

Blog Entries
    Fantastic cover! Are you using the Axe-Fx?

Tony

Blog Entries
    Fantastic vic ! Sound perfect. Please do tell us how you tackled this recording!

Sounds great, also listened to your Streets cover, that was as good as the master himself. Great work. Would love to know your setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe and Zolaive, and everyone else, thank you, It means a lot to me Guys. I've really been trying to get this sound for quite a while now and finally getting somewhere. Just wish my gear would quit blowing up on me when I get close

As for what I used, I did use the Axe Ultra with the AC Tone for the Amp Model. I will post the actual Patch on here as well as the Streets patch but I need to figure out how to do that unless someone can show me or I'll try to put it on the Axe Exchange for download then it will be easier to explain if you have it in front of you, so I'll see what I can do and post the AC Tone and Liverpool for Streets settings as well.

It was all Axe Fx except for using the AC Tone and my Strat with Kinman Woodstocks, nothing else. I added some Eq and Verb in Reaper but not much. A lot of things make up this sound so its just not going to be 1 or 2 or 3 things but the whole combination working together and then the picking is Key as well. I'll post the Patch and go from there and hopfully it will help everyone out but the Streets patch and this are very similar, just some small changes have to be made and from experimenting with it, Bad also sounds very good with minor tweeking. To me the key is the Delays times and the Mod speed and of course the Amp Model settings the rest is picking style from what I am learning so far. Thanks again

Vic

Here are the Links for Streets http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/de...hp?preset=2550

The settings for the Liverpool were L-1 o'clock, M-1 o'clock, C 12 o'clock, D-10 o'clock, L-11 o'clock, H-11 o'clock.

for ISHFWILF http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/de...hp?preset=2551

The settings for ISHFWILF were L-8:30, M-10 o'clock, H-2 o'clock, L-cranked, V-12 o'clock, D-10 o'clock. For the Shimmer you will need to control it with an External Pedal in case someone didn't know.

These will probably have to be tweeked a little per gear your using (preferably a Strat SSS) but should get you close. All the input and output knobs on the Axe are at 12 o'clock. Have Fun.

Let me know if these are working and give you some good results.

Zolaive, I forgot to say the Backtrack is from AM.

Vic
    Last edited by VIC909B1; 07-22-2014 at 03:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    thx vic, i'll have a go, but need some time ;-)

Blog Entries
    Thanks Vic!

So can I open .SYX file with Axe-Edit or do I need to do some sort of conversion? When I clicked on the link to download the patch, I tried opening it with Axe-Edit, but there was nothing there. I'm guessing it may have to be loaded into the Axe-Fx first, which I don't have connected at the moment.

I tried importing the file, using the Axe-Edit import function but I got an error message saying it wasn't a valid 'preset file'

Sorry for my ignorance, haven't had much time to play or mess around with the Axe-Fx.

Thanks

Tony
    Last edited by Toopy14; 07-21-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast