Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday bloody Sunday Rehearsal by Mount Temple!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjek View Post
    Excellent video! And yes, bassmen are the coolest musicians! Our bass player we had in my last band never smiled while playing - so cool! So you have another great job to do! ;-)
    Thanks man, i agree about bassplayers. They dont take the spotlight but they certainly are the coolest people on stage!

Blog Entries
    Sounds great - If you need an ac15 I have one you can borrow - drop me a line as I'm only just down the m1 - it has greenbacks but a bit of breaking in at high vol will sort it out
    Last edited by rewddog; 12-28-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer32 View Post
    Thanks man, means a lot although i feel we still have a lot to do before we are ready for even the short gig coming up.
    I wish we were better at the moment because last saturday during a gig of a mate of mine i've got an offer to play a 2,5 hour (!!) set for 300 people at a harley club... Definately not ready for that

Bass player is getting better every time, he is making progress very fast! Now all we need to do is get him in an orange overall and some cool pair of shades haha.

P.s. Dont agree about the solo, didn't play the open G a lot of the time, sounds a bit boring with just the single notes listening back.
    I'd have to listen again but what I did notice is that you play it without strumming - I see some play it doing a big sixteenth strum but Edge does it as alt picked double stops with the drone strings ringing out I am sure. And Phil did too - so do I. I may be wrong but I think that is how it should be done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dtc; 12-28-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtc View Post
    I'd have to listen again but what I did notice is that you play it without strumming - I see some play it doing a big sixteenth strum but Edge does it as alt picked double stops with the drone strings ringing out I am sure. And Phil did too - so do I. I may be wrong but I think that is how it should be done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Yes, i do pick the notes rather than strumming. It really feels more natural to me. After watching Phils tutorial (wich was great btw) i noticed i was playing 99% of the song the same as he does. Only the harmonics i play slightly different (same notes tho) and i end the solo differently (but again, same notes, different location).

Guitar tone sound fantastic! Well done!
    U2GTAdministrator

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Guitar tone sound fantastic! Well done!
    Thanks Michael, it did work out well. Sounded even better in the room

Fantastic job. Enjoyed the whole band!

Blog Entries
    Ok ok...

First of all.. Singer needs a beanie.
    Second, bass player needs grey hair and a cooler look
    Thirdly.. Drummer needs short hair and a "i own a harley" face
    And four.. You shoudnt wear a "seven" shirt, but a dotted 8 one...

And, oyeah, still love your playing.. You seem to learn songs very fast rob!

Have a good 2014! Hope you band works out fine and you all have loads of fun!
    Might catch a gig one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
    Fantastic job. Enjoyed the whole band!
    Thanks Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Ok ok...

First of all.. Singer needs a beanie.
    Second, bass player needs grey hair and a cooler look
    Thirdly.. Drummer needs short hair and a "i own a harley" face
    And four.. You shoudnt wear a "seven" shirt, but a dotted 8 one...

And, oyeah, still love your playing.. You seem to learn songs very fast rob!

Have a good 2014! Hope you band works out fine and you all have loads of fun!
    Might catch a gig one of these days.
    Haha, yeah we need to work on the look, thats true.
    I ordered a "mr the edge" shirt, thats a start i guess. Might have to trade hairstyles with the singer.
    Have a great '14 too and hope to see you at a gig (first one is in march so far)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast