Ok, I don't think I'll ever be able to learn this song in full, so here's hoping that others on the forum will be able to put these to better use than me

Here are my two patches for Bono's flanging rhythm guitar, and Edge's lead on slide:
++HAWKMOON (FLANGED RHYTHM)++.h5e
++HAWKMOON 269 (LIVE)++.h5e

The rhythm patch has been EQ'd for my Gretsch (pup and tone both on middle), so it'll almost certainly need to be tweaked if played on another guitar.

On the slide/lead patch, I used my strat w/ Kinmans in quack position during the slide part and after. Also had my SDD-3kp in the loop on that patch. I'm pretty sure Edge used one of his Clapton strats on the Lovetown tour for this song and desire, so if played on a normal strat, quack position+SDD+the EQ mid-boost near the end of the chain should get you close.

Checked the BPM of the live Sydney show, so I'm pretty sure that's correct, but I'm not 100% sure about the delay times. Oh, and I just use the HD500 in studio/direct w/ headphones on--no monitors, power amp, etc.

P.S. if anyone can shed any light on how to play the live version (aside from the minimal tabs floating around on the web), I'd love to hear any tips that you have (or even better, post them under the Hawkmoon subforum )