Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attempt at Kite

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
    Also, (no excuses and no defence to the great pointers above) I have to say that soundcloud is really murdering this tone. Played back at home the fuzz and solo tones have a lot more texture and life to them. I think this is the reason it sounds a bit too toppy
    I hate Soundcloud! Their compression sucks (the life out of music). Yuk.

I believe you BT - at home you sound exactly like the Edge. So do I lol

Blog Entries
    Nice job BT. That fuzz tone sounds great.

How did you learn the song, tabs or are you another one of those talented guys that can learn by ear?

I would love to learn how to play this song. The Slane version, just after the death of Bono's dad is full of emotion, both Bono's vocals and Edge's guitar.

Tony

Tim, you put your A3 before the SDD ??
    I thought it was more common/better to put the delay after the SDD.

Just for me to know.
    (The more I listen, the more I think you got a great tone for this one. I am impatient to listen the new version)

Yes Manu, I do have the a3 before the sdd. My thinking is that the combination of the sdd and amp interact best when placed together. This could easily be wrong of course

Hi tony, yes I love the slane version too. I kind of worked out most of the song from the slane and Boston DVDs then I found a tab from a you tube video which helped me finish it off. To be honest the guitar part is not too hard, I wanted to learn it partly because I love the song and also because I really never used a slide before.

http://youtu.be/qfmmL2nR_lo

I think this was the you tube video that had the tab on it

OK one last go at this before moving on Recorded in the right key this time lol. Guitar is too high in the mix and maybe a bit too heavy on the fuzz, but that the vanity of me as a guitar player lol

Tim, that sounds great to my ears - in the right key and with the timing subtly improved. You also do the solo better - there was a part that was missing in your first go.

Well done BT!

Darren

Cheers DTC, high praise from a master I am very grateful!. Not the most complex song guitar wise, but I like the live versions a lot and it was fun to try the slide out for the first time really.

edit: I should at least get your name right if you are going to make nice comments like that
    Last edited by bigtim; 09-18-2013 at 01:01 PM.

BTC?! Is that me and you spliced together in some tall / short experiment? Like Twins hehe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast