Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any new lessons?

"Whoaaaa!"Great job Michael.;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I just picked it up in the store- and it just felt so great...this is it...I just fell in love with this guitar." The Edge.

Fantastic cover from both of you Michael and Joe.

Your chorus sound is just fantastic ! (it doesn't mean that the rest is not perfect too !)

I hope I could finally learn this song properly
    (As you don't seem to strum a lot during the riff part, it let me a little chance of success ; I just can't play this part like Tim and Darren )

Great Cover you guys! Especially like the shimmer in the intro, MOH you said you had cracked this and it sounds to me that you have Can't wait to see how you did it (just hoping I can recreate something similar without an axe fx ) Also looking forward to the tutorials because there are some sections I know I am playing wrong in this version.

Once again congrats. Great singing Steven!!!!!

It sounds very good Mike and Joe. Well done!
    Kjetil Gilje

Michael

Awesome and magic video - you clearly loved the energy in that song :-)-look forward to you video tutorial as usual :-)

Blog Entries
    awesome sound on the cover

if you look back over your videos Michael your production is now as excellent as your tutorials

Green screen next? Weekly vodcast for U2 riff of the week ?

love the fly in a flat, has a lovely tonal quality
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Quote Originally Posted by rewddog View Post
    awesome sound on the cover

if you look back over your videos Michael your production is now as excellent as your tutorials

Green screen next? Weekly vodcast for U2 riff of the week ?

love the fly in a flat, has a lovely tonal quality
    Thx, and this one was with a green screen! I'm standing in my office just a few feet back from where I have sat for all my other tutorials! The green screen allowed me to remove the office and put in a black background. I used keyer in Final Cut Pro X to turn the green into black. The rain on the window pain effect and the flashing at the end are also effects in FCPX.

M
    U2GTAdministrator

Blog Entries
    wow that's pretty cool

imagine where you could be playing next - the rosebowl, red rocks etc love the green screen!

so "U2 lick of the month" to look forward to

just joking around, really like the new presentation style- looking forward to the next tutorials and the Christmas message from our sage and mentor ( dressed as Santa obviously)

all the best
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Quote Originally Posted by valvem View Post
    I knew that you were able to play the guitar standing up! 😃 AWESOME VIDEO COVER!

Question on the solo:

I have seen the edge uses the pick up selector switch option on rhythm in the beginning of the solo and then he changes it in half way of the solo to the bridge position. Have you tested this way before? Or maybe I am wrong but I am pretty sure I am correct.

I have also seen this same pattern on walk on on the 2002 Grammy awards which it sounds amazing when does that on that live version.

Thanks again Michel!
    If I does do this on the Elevation version, then I missed it. I only used two different videos as references for this song. You could be right. As I compared the tones to the Boston version it sounded right, but I could be wrong.
    U2GTAdministrator

Quote Originally Posted by streets274 View Post
    Hey Michael, are you going to be posting a preset video for One? I really have been trying to get the Rotary on the right tone, but it just doesn't sound right.
    I will do this final tutorial for One this weekend. Apologies for not doing this a long time ago. Got caught up at work and with The Fly!
    U2GTAdministrator

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast