Thread: Eventide Timefactor settings

Eventide Timefactor settings

Regarding With or Without You, I am looking for detailed settings for the Eventide TimeFactor. There are eleven knobs, and my ear isn't good enough yet to know how to set each one of them. Need some help. Thanks very much.

11 knobs and several useable models... it's still nothing compared to the parameters in the AxeFX. Kidding.

Let's say BPM is 101 (ZooTV). I use DigitalDelay If you have tempo ON set DelayTimeB to dotted 8th. If not, just set it manually to 405ms. Mix maybe 1-2 o clock and the DelayMix all the way towards the B side (we're not doing dual delay so don't want to hear DelayA)

DelayB feedback: try maybe from 9 oclock to 12 oclock somewhere. It's been a few weeks since I used mine but maybe around 40 if that is how it works.
    Xknob: fully off, don't know what it does Edit: (off, or what you call it when it's all the way to the left)
    Depth: try 1-3
    Speed: from 4.2 to 4.6 (I always set it somewhere between for all songs)
    Filter: Try at noon first. It I tweak this I think I set it to somewhere between -20 and +20, my understanding is that you can shape the delay repeat so that it cuts through more/less depending on what you like. I think I would set it to -20 or noon.

This is based on my rather limited experience, but I try to help. Some might prefer the VintageDelay or ModDelay model, for some reason I tend to stick to the Digital Delay, but I've only used the TF for a few hours (5 max). EWB