Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One tree hill Joe-Manu

One tree hill Joe-Manu

Hello

Joe and I would like to share with you the result of our collaboration on this song.
    We hope you will like it.

Personally, it has been for me a fantastic and very rewarding experience together with Joe.
    The result is not as important as the pleasure doing such a great job with a friend.
    Joe has a fantastic voice, and I have tried my best to put a guitar track on this splendid backtrack.

The result sound maybe not as good in soundcloud as within reaper, but we are both very satisfied.

Joe, am I right

Thanks again my friend. It has been an honor for me to work with you on that, with very interesting conversation !!!

(23.05.2013 ; just for you to compare, a working version with the strat + axerus pickups.)
    Last edited by manu68; 05-23-2013 at 07:21 PM.

dutchyU2
    Great guys!!! Really enjoyed it, I have it on auto-replay now!! And for Joe: welcome back in Europe, hope you had a good trip!
    Manu, hats off!! great guitartone

dutchyU2
    Ps, Now I know what the first song will be on the Saturdaynight October 12th

Wow guys, really impressed by this one. I like it all, the singing, playing and the atmosphere of this cover.
    Cant wait for october to hear it live.
    Again, very good!

Thanks
    I have tried to follow this vidéo, even if our backtrack is not the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKh...e_gdata_player

We have made several versions, with different guitars, but Joe wanted absolutely this one with the les Paul.
    I really think that on this one, Joe simply singes better as Bono himself when He send me his track with vocals, i just thought whaooo !
    Last edited by manu68; 05-22-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Great job, guys !

Great collaboration and I love the song.

Hello guys.
    Fo you to compare, I have put a working version with the strat.
    Not at all the same sound

Blog Entries
    Brilliant - Listening to both, I prefer the Strat quacky tone against Joe's tone. But both versions are great, v.well done, I was even harmonising there for a while, glad I'm in the office on my own
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

I like Joe's voice a lot (a bit grainy and sweet at the same time).
    I clearly prefer the Strat version. As a matter of fact, I love the guitar tone in this version.
    Maybe, you could add some more reverb to the voice (not sure).
    Thanks for sharing your good work !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast