Thread: Angel of Harlem acoustic

Angel of Harlem acoustic

Hi!
    Another try to do something special in an acoustic version. In this one I tried to record a blues harp for the first time.
    I left the structure of the song but I gave him a new sound by using a mandolin and the harp.

Gear:
    Takamine
    Dean bass
    Harley Benton Blues Harp (c-scale)
    Samick Mandolin
    Cubase drum plugin
    Last edited by Bonjek; 03-25-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: New version!

I could probably such kind of music this summer in Dublin's Pubs.
    Great sound.

If you tour Ireland with your music, you should have success !!

Blog Entries
    Hey Bonjek, another good acoustic cover, well done! My only feedback would be to ask if you are double tracking your vocals. Sounds like a low octave and high octave pairing in the mix, but I could be wrong. Some songs that works, but most it doesn't and makes the vocals sound a bit weird in my opinion. Sounds like you have a decent voice, just try a normal vocal.
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

AW: Angel of Harlem acoustic

Thanks for your replies. Tim, you're right I'm doubling the voice. This and the other songs I posted aren't mixed finally. And I think my voice is that thing I'm not satisfied with. But I believe also that the most people aren't satisfied hearing their own recorded voice. I will finish my work in the next week recording one song of each album and I'm going to mix the final. Then I will post all songs as a complete work.

Gesendet von meinem LIFETAB_P9514 mit Tapatalk 2
    "It´s a musical journey!" (Larry)

Blog Entries
    First, great work, i know how many patience this need! My two cents - i think its good to find right key for your vocal if its too high go Eb or change chords. Double vocal (low and high) is good idea but doesnt fit U2 songs in my opinion. I would like to hear you in one key one vocal as Tim mentioned above and i think it would be great! just cut low end with eq, aply compression about 5db and ad a send with 1/4 delay 100% wet with low repeats to make space for vocal - keep goin! looking forward to hear next songs.
    Last edited by Pupack; 03-19-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Its not about gear, the goal is soul.