Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manu68 cover of In God's Country

i have had this message on a couple of tracks with drums i tried to upload.
    You can avoid this message by slightly altering the main track.
    In my case i did a 4 count on my drumsticks before the song starts.

That's weird, For the time being you could just set up a Mega or Skydrive/Onedrive account Manu, and put it there and post the link to it like I did with UTEOTW. I haven't seen anything blocked on my uploads, unless this is something new and will be an issue for everyone eventually. Anyone else have this trouble? I'll try and throw a clip of something between now and this weekend and see if it happens to me. Just have to find another way of sharing clips if this is the new norm for Soundcloud.

Vic

I have deleted the file, no problem .
    But if soundcloud begins with sending such message, it will be the end for it in my opinion, and very quickly.
    Since the Megaupload case, we see all the time such message. Everybody wants to be covered, even if they host daily tons of pirat content.

I respect ownership. In this case, the backtrack's owner is Null (and not U2 themselves). I suppose that this song is not from this man.
    So I have to respect the ownership of someone without any real rights on the music itself (but maybe Null paid copyright to U2 ?)
    Okay, no problem.

It means that about 100% of all the backtracks we use daily are illegal too.
    It also means that I can not post anything with "Karaoke" backtrack I have bought, just because Karaoke is the owner.
    Enjoy

We'll see what happens. I don't really understand all the specifics of the Copyright issues or what is allowed or not allowed to be used. Sounds more like it depends who or what is tracking these things or determines if your going to be hassled or not. I take the last comment about this back as I do remember running into this issue on ( I Will Follow) posted on Youtube and it wouldn't allow it to be played in Europe and Cell Phone formats because of Copyright issues but never had issues with any other one's considering that most of them came from the same BT site. Just doesn't make sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123