Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U2 Trafalgar Square

U2 Trafalgar Square

Found this :

Nice energy ! Nice guitars.

Both new songs worked well live IMHO. Enjoyed them both and they felt like a good fit into the set.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
    Both new songs worked well live IMHO. Enjoyed them both and they felt like a good fit into the set.
    Hi Tim !
    YEP. I agree. I find Bono to be better than he was this summer. And I like the way The Edge plays the new songs live.
    Cheers

PS : Do you find a real great improvement with the Quantum 9.02 ? Everybody on the FAS Forum says it's a major improvement but I didn't take time to update)

Quote Originally Posted by ZOLAIVE View Post
    Hi Tim !
    YEP. I agree. I find Bono to be better than he was this summer. And I like the way The Edge plays the new songs live.
    Cheers

PS : Do you find a real great improvement with the Quantum 9.02 ? Everybody on the FAS Forum says it's a major improvement but I didn't take time to update)
    Hi Olivier

9.02 is not a dramatic improvement but I do think there is something nice about the tone. I find that Edo presets work just fine with it. Maybe at some point he may adjust them but it's not critical I would say.

Definitely I would recommend 9.02. I liked fw7.x better than 8.x and I think 9.02 is a step towards that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

More official version:

Blog Entries
    Hi Olivier

9.02 is not a dramatic improvement but I do think there is something nice about the tone. I find that Edo presets work just fine with it. Maybe at some point he may adjust them but it's not critical I would say.

Definitely I would recommend 9.02. I liked fw7.x better than 8.x and I think 9.02 is a step towards that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Did you do a soft reset on the amp. blocks to load the new parameters?

On my presets yes I did, the AC30 is so good to my ears that I only change the bass, mid, treble and drive so resetting is easy. I did turn down the new speaker compression though.

On Edo's I didn't reset (I didn't study what he changed so didn't want to destroy anything.)

What is a soft reset on the Amps ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOLAIVE View Post
    What is a soft reset on the Amps ?
    Select another amp., then re-select your original amp. It will keep all your tone settings, etc. but will reset parameters that are used in the amp. algorithms.

On my presets yes I did, the AC30 is so good to my ears that I only change the bass, mid, treble and drive so resetting is easy. I did turn down the new speaker compression though.

On Edo's I didn't reset (I didn't study what he changed so didn't want to destroy anything.)
    I wonder if the new compression would create more sparkle/chime in the amp? Especially on the higher notes? I recall Edge saying something about how the older speakers in his amp add some compression you can only get on them once they are older....
    Last edited by JCU2; 11-14-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast