Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Fly--my attempt

That's a big request for me Brandon but I have had that song on my mind for a while it's just that I suck at Slide but I bought one a couple of weeks ago and have been fiddling around but not sure which finger I want to use for that I'll put it on my covers to do list for now As far as the Mixing I'am sure Pupack could chime in but for me I only know to double the tracks as you allready do and then I Nudge to space it out a little but never go above 20ms at least I don't, it just takes the Bite out my Guitar track and on the bottom left where the tracks are I just adjust accordingly to what sounds good from left to middle to right. There are so many things you can do to improve your recordings on Reaper and I'am only learning the half of it but just keep messing with it you will get it

Vic

Of course it is possible to define precisely the volume within track.
    you can also apply an effect just for a few seconds , ...
    Don't have that in mind, but easy to do. Just look in youtube, and you will find a easy way to do it.
    I think you have to activate the volume enveloppe, then just configurate the enveloppe as you like it.

Brandon, manu is right, within a single track, you can enable the volume envelope and then automate the volume to go up/down whenever and wherever you like during the song, by inserting points along the envelope.

To open the envelope click on the track where if says 'trim' this will open the list of things available to control and automate (includine any vst controls if you are using pluggins in that track) Simply select the volume envelope and you will see a new green line appear under your track.

If you right click on the green line, insert some new points and then see how you can adjust the volume wherever you want.

There are several automation modes (we can review these if you want) but trim/read will do what you want.

Thanks Bigtim, I didn't know that either. I think I'll stay out of the Reaper conversations until I get a little more educated on the subject, but I tried

Automation in reaper (and any other DAW for that matter) is very powerful, basically it lets you control pretty much any parameter associated with the track, including the parameters within VST pluggins. You can have many automation tracks going on simulataneously for each track in reaper (ie you can change lots of things at once) and you can have very fine control both in level and time.

BUT be careful, I built lots of projects with lots of fancy automation and when it came to playing in Muden last year I realised that something basic like playing and using a foot switch to chanch patch or wah completely through me off!!!!! Now I limit automation as much as possible and try to use my pedals to make the changes I want. At least this way whilst my playing is still poor I think I look more like a real guitarist lol

So in this example, when it comes to the solo: an alternate method (involving the feet rather than reaper automation) would be to call up a 'solo' preset, or toggle on a different drive block that provides the desired level for that part of the song.
    Last edited by bigtim; 04-05-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910