Thread: Tone, and Guitar/synth?

Tone, and Guitar/synth?

Ok, I managed to get a pretty good guitar tone for this song by watching some videos on Youtube (can't remember exactly whose, I think Mick had one?). But I was wondering if on the Studio track, whether Edge plays the main riff on guitar, or if Edge or Eno or someone played it on synth through the same basic effects? BTW my chain for this is

Guitar (Eb I believe)-->
    Whammy (+1 octave harmony) -->
    Another +1 harmony in a different unit, so I have the clean, +1, and a +2 -->
    amp-->
    tremolo (an effect built into the amp) -->
    delay (in the fx loop. I believe it is a 3/16 delay) -->
    speaker.

This sounds pretty good to me. should I have the delay before the tremolo, though? And what should I change if I end up playing this on synth?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayh View Post
    Ok, I managed to get a pretty good guitar tone for this song by watching some videos on Youtube (can't remember exactly whose, I think Mick had one?). But I was wondering if on the Studio track, whether Edge plays the main riff on guitar, or if Edge or Eno or someone played it on synth through the same basic effects? BTW my chain for this is

Guitar (Eb I believe)-->
    Whammy (+1 octave harmony) -->
    Another +1 harmony in a different unit, so I have the clean, +1, and a +2 -->
    amp-->
    tremolo (an effect built into the amp) -->
    delay (in the fx loop. I believe it is a 3/16 delay) -->
    speaker.

This sounds pretty good to me. should I have the delay before the tremolo, though? And what should I change if I end up playing this on synth?
    Hi, I'm trying to get the sound too.

To my knowledge it's just a tremolo and shimmer pedal. Not sure about the whammy? Have you done a sound clip of it?

Great time and one that I think is well worth trying to master the sound.

On the original the guitar was played through Eno’s EMS VCS3 synth and Eno toggled the joystick in time to the music to create the trem effect!

Lots of effects devices can create a good Lemon sound

Digitech GSP2101
    SPX 90/1000 trem/planner into shimmer
    SPX into H3000

Great sound