Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you use your Explorer?

How much do you use your Explorer?

Well my 40th is coming up. Was thinking of getting a 76 Explorer Gibson reissue. How much do you guys find yourself using yours? I am mostly sticking to my Strat these days and sometimes a Tele. Sort of thinking of getting a Fulltone SSTE instead because I think I would use it more.

The Explorer is not my favourite guitar, but has a beautiful attack to the notes. Anyway a guitar like this, or better like a Les Paul (that I love), it's a must to play u2 in addition to the Stratocaster.
    All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us.

The 2018 version comes with BurstBucker 2 and 3 pickups. Am I going to want to replace those right away?

In my opinion not. BBs are good pickups for U2 stuff.
    For example in my LP Custom I have the stock pickups combination (490R and 498T) and even if some says that the 498T is too hot for U2 stuff, after tried it also in live performances, I decided to keep it 'cause it sounds really good on this guitar.

I always prefer a Les Paul over my Explorer, but I use the Explorer live to look authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by drumu2 View Post
    I always prefer a Les Paul over my Explorer, but I use the Explorer live to look authentic.
    I feel the same.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I have a Gibson les Paul and an Epiphone explorer. I likely play the Explorer more than the les paul. The only thing I don't like about the explorer is the neck dive problem. (although I tried the new Gibson Explorer and it doesn't suffer from the same problem). In hindsight I should have likely went for the Gibson Explorer and and Epiphone les Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by drumu2 View Post
    Well... I suppose that with a LP Custom White you can look authentic in the same way :-)
    But I also suppose, that here, all of you are a little bit out of mind like me and so, for songs like IWF, OOC, SFS, BD and others, as well I prefer use an Explorer not so much to look authentic, but more to have the satisfaction to play these songs with the right guitar. ;-)

Ordered the 2018 Explorer. Never had a desire to own a les Paul. Maybe some day I’ll catch some gas for one.

Great choice! Let me know your impressions about this new Explorer and obviously... PICTURES!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast