Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Helix

Mysterious Helix

Started on making the (imo) hardest preset for a U2 song.
    I think it sounds pretty good but i'm curious about the opinion(s) of you guys/girls.

Its a preset that's for playing live. It uses the Helix ampmodeling wich is pretty damn good, especially compared to the HD Pro.

Sorry for the sloppy playing and bad mix. Its about the tone!!

https://soundcloud.com/explorer32/mw-1

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J500FN met Tapatalk

For a non-Korg A3/A2 based effect for this song, that sounds pretty darn good.

Over the years, a fair number of the Mysterious Ways recreations that have been posted always seem to have something a bit 'off' with the overall sound of the effect. Your attempt is an exception – well done!

I believe your Helix patch would be recognized and appreciated as sounding like Mysterious Ways in a live audience setting.

---
    David

Quote Originally Posted by ultravioledge View Post
    For a non-Korg A3/A2 based effect for this song, that sounds pretty darn good.

Over the years, a fair number of the Mysterious Ways recreations that have been posted always seem to have something a bit 'off' with the overall sound of the effect. Your attempt is an exception – well done!

I believe your Helix patch would be recognized and appreciated as sounding like Mysterious Ways in a live audience setting.

---
    David
    Thanks man, i appreciate it!

By far the best sounding tone for this song I’ve heard without an A2/A3. Excellent work! Which Helix do you have by the way? I’d be more inclined to get one over an AxeFX just from hearing this clip.

James

Quote Originally Posted by jboz View Post
    By far the best sounding tone for this song I’ve heard without an A2/A3. Excellent work! Which Helix do you have by the way? I’d be more inclined to get one over an AxeFX just from hearing this clip.

James
    Thanks so much!
    I have the Helix LT but they are all exactly the same soundwise. Same effects and ampmodels in all units.

Quote Originally Posted by jboz View Post
    By far the best sounding tone for this song I’ve heard without an A2/A3. Excellent work! James
    Hi Rob !! Indeed, incredible work you did ! Congratulations ! My thought is that Helix's as good as Axe-FX as far as sound quality is concerned (but of course less tweakable).
    How did uou manage to get this filter variation ? Which effect module did you use ? You need an envelop follower to get that...

Quote Originally Posted by ZOLAIVE View Post
    Hi Rob !! Indeed, incredible work you did ! Congratulations ! My thought is that Helix's as good as Axe-FX as far as sound quality is concerned (but of course less tweakable).
    How did uou manage to get this filter variation ? Which effect module did you use ? You need an envelop follower to get that...
    Thank you
    Its basically based around an effect in the Helix called "Mystery Filter"
    I am sure its modelled after the Korg 76 preset. It takes some (a lot of) tweaking but its a very good base.

There is still a lot of tweaking possible in the Helix, i'm actually still learning more everytime i switch it on. Luckily theres a lot of good info online.

I am confident that i can do a full gig with just the helix to p.a.
    No amps or external gear needed (well, guitars obviously )
    Still have to figure out the monitoring though

This one sounds great too, much more like the album version :

//// Fabrice

Blog Entries
    My understanding from having visited Line 6 and talked to the guys that make the models is that they modeled the Mystery Filter from an actual Korg A3 with patch 76.

This is definitely one of the closer approximations, although its missing some of that massive sweep that the Korg has.

I would love to not have to drag that dang rack thing around to my next gigs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast