Thread: Helix floor

Helix floor

Hey Guys,
    My Helix is being delivered tomorrow and i'm looking forward to working with it.

Really curious how stuff like shimmer compares to the HDpro-x i have now!

Also curious if there is a good sounding Mysterious Ways sound in there.

I bought it to have a small rig to travel with (using the ampmodeling aswell) and maybe it will become my main rig in the future!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J500FN met Tapatalk

I also bought a helix, but the LT version to have a small rig as well.
    shimmer to me sounds good, but I always put some other reverb, delay and a pitch to make it closer to the axe fx;
    There's a guy in Youtube, I thinl his name is Chad Boston, he came up with a really nice myst ways patch. Very usable! Just check it out!
    The amp model, I do like in Helix, but with IRs. Stock cabs to my ears they don´t sound good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by incubelieve View Post
    I also bought a helix, but the LT version to have a small rig as well.
    shimmer to me sounds good, but I always put some other reverb, delay and a pitch to make it closer to the axe fx;
    There's a guy in Youtube, I thinl his name is Chad Boston, he came up with a really nice myst ways patch. Very usable! Just check it out!
    The amp model, I do like in Helix, but with IRs. Stock cabs to my ears they don´t sound good enough.
    I will check his youtube channel. I will probably add something to shimmer paths aswell, i do that now on my hd pro.
    I got some ir's from a friend wich i will try and try to find the best sounding one (hopefully close to my amp) and will probably stick with that.
    Loving the new options i'm getting with this unit!

Hi Rob.

You know that I decided to follow the Fractal Axe FX II paths , and I don't for sure regret it , but I may understand your choices.
    I have never be disappointed with any Line 6 products I have owned in the past (M9 / HD500), and I am pretty sure that the Helix must be a great foot modeler.
    HD500 was great, with a great editor , and Helix is for sure even better. Fantastic display.
    It should do the job perfectly for your needs !

Let's play !

Quote Originally Posted by manu68 View Post
    Hi Rob.

You know that I decided to follow the Fractal Axe FX II paths , and I don't for sure regret it , but I may understand your choices.
    I have never be disappointed with any Line 6 products I have owned in the past (M9 / HD500), and I am pretty sure that the Helix must be a great foot modeler.
    HD500 was great, with a great editor , and Helix is for sure even better. Fantastic display.
    It should do the job perfectly for your needs !

Let's play !
    Hey Manu,
    I was still happy with my hdpro-x but wanted a floor unit to make it easier to travel.
    The helix is lightyears better than the HD so i think it will be replaced all together.
    Ampmodel in the helix is great and i'm blown away by the shimmer.
    Only tested through headphones sofar though