Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Songs of Experience - LEAKED (spoiler)

20? Well done . I haven't even bought it for myself yet. Did you mean actual CDs, or Itunes gifts of some sort? I only know 2-3 people that are interested enough to check it out, and they have Spotify. It's sad in a way but Spotify is so much simpler, the only place I would use a CD is in the car, but I prefer to hear it with better sound than I have in my car.
    Kjetil Gilje

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Guess Lights of Home is U2, and not that much OneRepublic:

From the CD booklet;

ALL TRACKS WRITTEN BY U2 EXCEPT “LIGHTS OF HOME”, “LIGHTS OF HOME (ST PETER’S STRING VERSION)” WRITTEN BY U2, ALANA HAIM, DANIELLE HAIM, ESTE HAIM AND ARIEL RECHTSHAID.

also;

MUSIC BY U2, ALANA HAIM, DANIELLE HAIM, ESTE HAIM AND ARIEL RECHTSHAID
    LYRICS BY BONO
    PRODUCED BY JACKNIFE LEE WITH RYAN TEDDER AND BRENT KUTZLE
    ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION BY JOLYON THOMAS
    ENGINEERED BY MATT BISHOP AND TYLER SPRY
    ADDITIONAL ENGINEERING BY DREW BANG

At least that's how I read the booklet. It's never 'proof' of what went on behind the scene's. That the riff doesn't sound like edge doesn't say anything; he changed sound and riffs more often. There's more not-typical-edge-sounds on older albums aswell, you are just used to them now.
    Fair enough, but remember that album liner notes don't necessarily tell the full story. See One, for instance: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pi...e-1991-w439595

Relevant quote: "We had the track done in Berlin and then back in Dublin at a moment of vocal overdub, it was just me and Bono in the studio and he said, "Dan why don't you play a little guitar part to try and juice me up," and so I overdubbed a part that made the finish line, this little hammer-on kind of part on his Green Gretsch and that provided Bono with some encouragement. I think the Edge is doing a very good job of copying my parts live now. [Laughs]" - Daniel Lanois

If Edge came up with the riff to Summer of Love, then that's great! If not, I'll live. It's still a great song, and I'm still really enjoying the album. The Little Things That Give You Away made me tear up during the walk home today -- such a moving song.

i still find the video from a jam session from another band, playing the exact song more than a year before the album is released..... weird.

for now, i do enjoy some of the songs. to many happy/happy easy listening fillers for my ears, to listen to the whole album, but maybe that will change over time.
    interestingly enough, i rediscovered volcano, which i very much prefer over american soul. but 13 by far beats song from for someone. really dig bono on that one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    i still find the video from a jam session from another band, playing the exact song more than a year before the album is released..... weird..
    Nobody will find out i guess. But remember the album was delayed for over a year.. so i think the song(s) were already (mostly) there. But again, nothing is for certain, no proof.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Songs of Experience - LEAKED (spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
    Fair enough, but remember that album liner notes don't necessarily tell the full story. See One, for instance: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pi...e-1991-w439595

Relevant quote: "We had the track done in Berlin and then back in Dublin at a moment of vocal overdub, it was just me and Bono in the studio and he said, "Dan why don't you play a little guitar part to try and juice me up," and so I overdubbed a part that made the finish line, this little hammer-on kind of part on his Green Gretsch and that provided Bono with some encouragement. I think the Edge is doing a very good job of copying my parts live now. [Laughs]" - Daniel Lanois

If Edge came up with the riff to Summer of Love, then that's great! If not, I'll live. It's still a great song, and I'm still really enjoying the album. The Little Things That Give You Away made me tear up during the walk home today -- such a moving song.
    My son is a very creative guy, and he’s often angry other kids ‘steal his idea’s’. I can only tell him they can’t steal your creativity. When you’re not in that group, they don’t have any new idea’s anymore. I think the same group processes happen with song writing and producing. Who made the first idea, who took the idea and changed it etc. My son can’t proove he had the initial idea’s. The person who brings it to the outside world gets credited.

Anyways glad you like the new album. Little things reminded my of ‘one’ due to it’s building up. A very nice song, and one of my favourites.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

There is a very efficient method to "protect" your idea and demonstrate anteriority.
    Just put your idea on paper, CD, ....
    Mail it to yourself with the option "delivered against signature, .... (in french it is "lettre recommandée avec accusé reception")
    And then keep it safe unopened .

That's all. The Mail service will put an official stamp on it, which will prove anytime the date of the mail.
    In case of problem , you can easily demonstrate that you had this idea first , and that it has been "stolen".

It is something that has been teached us by the french Institute of patents when I was a student .
    It is not a 100% protection, but it may be helpful in many cases

Blog Entries
    Clever idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Anyways glad you like the new album. Little things reminded my of ‘one’ due to it’s building up. A very nice song, and one of my favourites
    More than One, I’d say that Little Things is close to Moment of Surrender (which in my mind sits in the same category as One). The bass line sounds more similar to that, IMHO.

Good stuff, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The5chord View Post
    Who wants to read the pitchfork review?

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums...of-experience/
    I’ve made my thoughts on Critics clear.... but I will hand Pitchfork this: they are clever writers. That piece is very well written although dripping with all that makes some despise millennials: savage cynicism.

A lot of what is critiqued could just as easily be argued to be about how society today treats music itself and how this generation doesn’t consume anything... it samples it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast