Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs of Experience - LEAKED (spoiler)

thread hijack, but what a great find. sounds awesome. super talented and a barefoot bassplayer. wcgw?
    but whats wrong with the audience? no partying allowed there?

The first album I have purchased was "Joshua tree" ( LP Vinyl). When I decide to listen (carefully) to an entire album in a row, it is 95%% this one.
    Then my second choice is without any doubt The unforgetable fire.

I almost never listen to the first albums (boy, war, ...), or just some songs in a row.
    I applies to almost all the other albums too.

In the past, I listened a lot "Achtung baybe", but maybe too much.

I currently listen more albums like "How to dismantle an atomic bomb", mainly in the car driving to work (not the entire album in a row, and not "really" listen to it)

I purchased Songs of innocence, but I maybe have listen to it less than 10 times .
    I like it, but it makes me not the same effect as Joshua tree.
    I purchased the bluray too. I never went to the end of the entire show in a row.

Just to compare, I have seen maybe 50 times entirely live at slane castle or Boston.
    Once again, the last show doesn't make me the same effect. (maybe I am less patient becoming older )

I am sceptical about Songs of experience.
    It is on my Christmas list.
    I am not especially wainting for the release.

To be honest, the only artist I have listened every album a thousand time entirely is Bruce Springsteen.
    A lot more than U2 if I must compare.

But trying to play U2 on guitar is a lot more interesting

it's good but it suffers heavily from the modern day production of souless quantising and polish to tighten things up and make everyting sound less human and less like a band playing in a room. That's what special about the old records - the sound of a band. The way modern recordings are done with endless overdubs and pepole playing in isolation takes away some of the soul that this record could have a lot more of.

I also wait a few days to listen to SOE in good quality. It's very tempting to listen now.
    But it's just like a concert, if you listen too much through the social media, the tension and surprise will go off
    And there is a light
    Don't let it go out!

Quote Originally Posted by RattleandFun View Post
    it's good but it suffers heavily from the modern day production of souless quantising and polish to tighten things up and make everyting sound less human and less like a band playing in a room. That's what special about the old records - the sound of a band. The way modern recordings are done with endless overdubs and pepole playing in isolation takes away some of the soul that this record could have a lot more of.
    100% agreed. a trend that has been getting stronger and stronger with each record.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    I also wait a few days to listen to SOE in good quality. It's very tempting to listen now.
    But it's just like a concert, if you listen too much through the social media, the tension and surprise will go off
    the 2nd link was very good quality. but no worries abt temptations: they are both offline already

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    the 2nd link was very good quality. but no worries abt temptations: they are both offline already
    Lol. I was sooooo strong... didn’t listen to them... few more days (no more nails left)...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

First listen to SOE this morning on vinyl ) I could tell something different was apparent after the first 40 seconds of the first song, a heady nearly psychedelic mix, I was immediately intrigued. First impressions after listening to the entire LP once for me is very positive, and what surprised me is how well the first singles they released actually fit on the album, some dodgy lyrics on some tracks but the rhythms are strong and firm, Clayton is shining on this record , 13 (song for someone) although it is been regurgitated it works better here for sure. American Soul not sure about, instant favourites Love is all we have left, Summer of love, Red flag day, Showman, little thing, 13, i am a happy camper !!

I just listened to the entire album. Bought another ten copies for friends as gifts. It’s brilliant. I don’t understand any negativity.

Can’t wait to hear the live versions on SOA tour 2018!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JCU2 View Post
    I just listened to the entire album. Bought another ten copies for friends as gifts. It’s brilliant. I don’t understand any negativity.

Can’t wait to hear the live versions on SOA tour 2018!
    Same here (except the ten copies , lol).

Think its a good album. Better than the last few as a whole. I will give it a few more spins, but a few jump out right away.

It’s good. Let december begin.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast