Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs of Experience - LEAKED (spoiler)

Songs of Experience - LEAKED (spoiler)

Really solid songs. Obviously this isn't the best quality since it's a recording of a guy playing it off his record player. Little Things is breathtaking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/U2Band/comm...ividual_songs/

As much as i want to click that link i am going to wait to put the needle in the groove !! The reviews are pointing to a good solid record )

holy f@ck, MWboy did it again...

kudos to donk1, you are a MUCH MUCH stronger person than i am.

first impression: i am happy that larry is back. after the published songs, I feared, they replaced him with a c64 drumcomputer. happy, that I was wrong.
    like the album, like most of the songs after the first listen. I disagree, how they picked the first songs to publish, as they are imho from the weaker songs of that album. still surprised by the recycling of american soul and 13. To warm up old stuff, this is so UN-U2, that i just cant get my head around it.
    ok, back to the 2nd listen. (lot of very short songs?)

Had a quick listen. Looking forward to hear official version of The little things and Landlady, and Red flag day perhaps. The Showman seemed to be the song I'll skip early. A perfect song to play with Fallon on his show, as lighthearted fun as you can get
    Kjetil Gilje

my favs so far: little things, landlady and lights of home. to my ears, couple of fillers here and there, but this album, as any other proper u2 album, will need time.

It's definitely in my top 5 albums. lights of home reminds me of gone. Summer of Love is so different, I think it might be a single. Guitarwise, lights of Home is the standout. The only filler for me is Showman which I think is growing. Best Thing - American Soul Not a fan of those three

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    first impression: i am happy that larry is back. after the published songs, I feared, they replaced him with a c64 drumcomputer. happy, that I was wrong.
    like the album, like most of the songs after the first listen. I disagree, how they picked the first songs to publish, as they are imho from the weaker songs of that album. still surprised by the recycling of american soul and 13. To warm up old stuff, this is so UN-U2, that i just cant get my head around it.
    ok, back to the 2nd listen. (lot of very short songs?)
    Wait .. c64 is a holy item.. so it’s sounds must be awesome!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Songs of Experience - LEAKED (spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by DonK1 View Post
    As much as i want to click that link i am going to wait to put the needle in the groove !! The reviews are pointing to a good solid record )
    The force is strong in you...

And in me also, as i also ain’t gonna click the link... tho it’s tempting...
    But no...... i’ll wait. Only 4 days..

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    The force is strong in you...

And in me also, as i also ain’t gonna click the link... tho it’s tempting...
    But no...... i’ll wait. Only 4 days.

If you can't control the urge and feel the need to take a peak, I recommend listening to "little things" to hold you over since we've already heard it live. The studio version is mind blowing.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast