Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Axe FX FW 9.02 ISHFWILF Played on Squire Standard (Stock)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
    That does sound great!.

Two questions if I may?

1) What CABS did you use? I get different ones to troopy when I load it (F135 and F132!) As we know this is a crucial. I've loaded up my favourite ML class A IR and it sounds good but not as good as yours!

They were Cabs from here on the Site that someone shared and the other was from the German Axe Fest Pack.

2) Whats the thinking behind the PEQ? (it looks flat and I can't hear much difference with it in or out?)
    I put the Peq before the Multi-Delay to Filter out some of the Higher Frequencies of the Delays as the Shimmer comes in before it stabilizes. I think I cut out too much though. I got the Idea from someone here.. I know Edo posted or commented on how he got his to come in really smooth but haven't looked into it yet. His sounds amazing!

Victor

Hi vic, the PEQ in the version I loaded is flat?

What I love about your shimmer is it is kind of crystally (ie less smooth ) Maybe its partly because its after the cab.

Here are the 2 that I used. The AC30 BlueM201TG N is on the Left and 65VOX 212 58 5 is on the Right and uses the 87A Cond Mic...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
    Hi vic, the PEQ in the version I loaded is flat?

What I love about your shimmer is it is kind of crystally (ie less smooth ) Maybe its partly because its after the cab.
    These are the Screenshots of what my Para Eq looks like, not sure why yours is flat... Also what the Patch is suppose to look like..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by VIC909B1 View Post
    These are the Screenshots of what my Para Eq looks like, not sure why yours is flat... Also what the Patch is suppose to look like..
    That odd. I'll try reloading it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for this one Vic.
    It sounds really nice.

Listening to your preset on soundcloud, your preset sounds about identical with my guitar (Stratocaster classic 70 mexico with stock pickups)
    I am not complete sure about your cab settings, but it is not so important.

Of course your playing is as always great.

I can not judge the shimmer because I don't have an expression pedal.

And could you please describe the different scènes you are using.
    I suppose 3 Scènes (2 for you with expression pedal)
    - without drive and multidelay
    - drive without multidelay (pretty big jump in volume after intro, when the band quicks in)
    - drive + multidelay
    ??

I am always surprised to see how some of the presets of the best players on the forum sounds have more treble than on my "usual" own presets.
    It may be due that I don't play loud at home.

Important is that it sounds nice together with the backtrack mix.
    That's all that count !
    I am pretty sure that the bass are more present at higher volume.
    Last edited by manu68; 11-25-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manu68 View Post
    Thanks for this one Vic.
    It sounds really nice.

Listening to your preset on soundcloud, your preset sounds about identical with my guitar (Stratocaster classic 70 mexico with stock pickups)
    I am not complete sure about your cab settings, but it is not so important.

Of course your playing is as always great.

I can not judge the shimmer because I don't have an expression pedal.

And could you please describe the different scènes you are using.
    I suppose 3 Scènes (2 for you with expression pedal)
    - without drive and multidelay
    - drive without multidelay (pretty big jump in volume after intro, when the band quicks in)
    - drive + multidelay
    ??

I am always surprised to see how some of the presets of the best players on the forum sounds have more treble than on my "usual" own presets.
    It may be due that I don't play loud at home.

Important is that it sounds nice together with the backtrack mix.
    That's all that count !
    I am pretty sure that the bass are more present at higher volume.
    Hi Manu, Nice to hear from you, This was a rush job on my part and didn't realize I left in some Blocks in the Chain, Sorry for the confusion. The FX ,and First Delay blocks should have been taken out. I only used Scene 1 and just added in the Shimmer effects with the External 1 Pedal which you can see the Mix in the Multi-Delay is attached to. At the Start of the Song, that is just me playing lightly, then started to really hit the Strings, so just playing Dynamically instead of raising or lowering the Volume which is easier for me. The Shimmer is just light and not too overwhelming which I liked. The Cab setting are as they were, untouched. There was some work on the Daw to help widen out the Guitar to fit into the BT better but nothing to effect the Tone of the Guitar Track. As far as the Cab really making a difference, I always try to get the Cab choice picked out before I start tweaking the AMP and Drive Model because of the EQ range one or Both Cabs give together. So basically building the Patch around the Amp and Cab. I don't like adding in Cabs after I have made a Patch. I find as of late I like using 2 Cabs instead of one. I think I will try to repost the Patch again and just replace the link with the updated one this evening. Thanks again Manu and good to hear from you ..

Victor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12