Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Songs of Experience Tracklist leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    thx for your concern. i actually did read the faq , which even have been copied here as well (now twice). i even understand why they do this (apart from the greed oc) the reason, why i am (and a lot of others are) so pissed off, is that i already renewed the membership. AFTER the JT tour. the tickets i used for the JT tour are from the previous membership. i bought the tickets, went to the concert and 2 months later, i renewed the membership ( as they reminded me 3000 times to ensure early access, when they go on tour again) and now, another 2 months later, i shall buy another membership?
    nope. not with me.
    And in terms of the greed comment... I think if one considers it from the perspective of attempting to limit access to tickets by scalpers; it becomes something other than greed.

Doesn’t mean they are always gonna succeed but they are trying to find a way to dissuade the scalpers and it’s costing us all. Is that U2’s fault?

Blog Entries
    Why not pay one membership fee per year and get access to 4 tickets per tour. If your membership was paid up before the show was announced, you get access to day one pre-sales. If you buy a membership, after the show was announced, you get access to day two pre-sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Toopy14 View Post
    Why not pay one membership fee per year and get access to 4 tickets per tour. If your membership was paid up before the show was announced, you get access to day one pre-sales. If you buy a membership, after the show was announced, you get access to day two pre-sales.
    1) there is the issue of supply and demand
    2) that doesn’t address scalpers

Quote Originally Posted by JCU2 View Post
    The HELP team should have been able to sort that out.
    lol. but i like your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Toopy14 View Post
    ...like they did with all the other tours.

i think, this membership thing is probably one of the fairest way to deal with the supply/demand issue. we had this discussion here almost every tour. the only other option would be some sort of lottery which sux. especially the priority for long-term members makes sense to me.
    but now, if i read those faq correctly, you would have to renew early AND buy some package? that, to me starts to look a bit greedy. (and wont stop the scalpers, just make it more expensive for everyone) maybe i get this wrong.
    but hey, cant make everyone happy. i side with jcu2's optimism and hope the help team resolves my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    especially the priority for long-term members makes sense to me.
    INDEED !

BTW, Hope the team will solve your issues !

Quote Originally Posted by ZOLAIVE View Post
    INDEED !

BTW, Hope the team will solve your issues !
    I second that! Hope all ends well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345