Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: You're Best Thing About Me guitar tutorial

Hi guys,
    Finally Edo fixed my drive and lows problem !
    I want to say that he really did a great "Après-vente" service. I sent him a DI of my dry guitar and he went to the conclusion that my Strat was hoter than his Strat, with also some more treble.
    He used my DI track with a POPMART preset and matched it to his tone.
    Here's how he tweaked the parameters in the POPMART PRIDE preset :
    To get rid of the excessive drive, he lowered gains in SSD preamp bloc and in VOX Amp1 bloc
    To get a sweeter sound (less trebles) he raised the High Cut value in the Basic page of the VOX amp1 bloc.
    He also changed the XFormerMatch value in the Speaker page of the VOX amp1 bloc (don't know what it does...)

Now the tone is good. At bedroom levels, still some muddiness but it can be fixed by lowering the low mids in the GEQ page of the VOX amp1 bloc. At gig levels, it shouldn't be necessary.

So a big Thanks to Edo !

What I learned from all that is the huge difference pickups (and wood...) can make in the final tone ...

I suggested that Edo does some tutorials for those who buy his presets packs :
    1. add some informations about the way he sets his Axe-FX to get his tones with his presets (useful for noobies who don't master the I/O settings yet)
    2. do a little tutorial to explain general rules to follow in order to correct tone variations due to the difference between guitars that are the same models but not the same series.
    Last edited by ZOLAIVE; 10-21-2017 at 11:40 AM.

This is off-topic, but does anyone know when the 360 pack is coming out? I've been using Edo's sound clips to A/B my HD500X tones and was wondering when we would get the 360 sound clips.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345