Thread: I rode the elevator with Dallas

I rode the elevator with Dallas

My friend and I went to see the Joshua Tree tour in Phoenix. (He bought 2 tickets on a whim when they released some more floor tickets in August. I usually don't travel at all, let alone to see concerts, but decided to go with him as a bit of a birthday present to myself).

We arrived the day before the show and stayed at hotel that was basically across the parking lot from the stadium. Down at the hotel pool we became fairly suspicious that the other patrons we were seeing were U2's road crew. Lots of European accents coming from people that seemed young and fit but not young and fit enough to be on a sports team...

Then, on the night of the show, we where just on our way down to walk to the stadium and Mr. Shoo got on the elevator on the 3rd floor! He was clearly wary of being recognized and stuck his head in the corner of the elevator, trying to appear busy. I was wearing my Joshua Tree tour t-shirt from Vancouver, so he was probably worried we would delay him. Certainly seemed to be in a hurry - he quickly walked out and jumped into an unmarked white van.

So there ya go: if you want to meet U2's crew, just stay at whatever hotel is closest to the venue the night before the show

Blog Entries
    Cool story!!

Blog Entries
    I don’t think he would have minded you just saying hello dallas, i think he’s a nice reasonable guy. Part of their job ;-)))

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    I don’t think he would have minded you just saying hello dallas, i think he’s a nice reasonable guy. Part of their job ;-)))
    Lol.... Maybe he had a sense you were guitarists and didn't want to be accosted for the Edge's delay times and Fractal presets!