IMG_9001.jpg

Bridget Fenlason was walking in the French Quarter on Saturday afternoon when she spotted a familiar face outside Antoine’s Restaurant: U2 frontman Bono.

As the star stepped into the street to snap a picture like a typical tourist, Fenlason — who two nights earlier had been brought to tears by U2’s performance at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome — blurted, “Thank you!”

Bono looked her way. Emboldened, she said she’d spoken to representatives of his One philanthropic organization at the Superdome.

He started walking toward her.

On a roll, she announced that she’d launched Rock the Vote’s New Orleans campaign, signing up local musicians to help promote voter registration.

At that, Bono offered her a high-five and said, “Good for you!”

Fenlason, meanwhile, was shaking.

“I had several Bridget Jones moments,” she recalled. “I was looking at his hair when I should have been looking him in the eye. Time seemed to slow down.”

She is not a hard-core U2 fan. She’d purchased a $35 “obstructed view” ticket at the last minute for the band's Sept. 14 concert, joining 35,000 other souls in the Superdome who witnessed a two-hour clinic on how to stage a stadium concert and make it meaningful.

Continue reading: http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...2c371b6fe.html