Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You´re the best thing about me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhawk View Post
    ...but it could be worse (Get on you boots, anyone?).
    'Get On Your Boots' had a kick-ass guitar riff though.

Looking forward to 'Alison' or whatever the final version is going to be called. The riff Edge played on the Fender signature promo. sounded awesome.

Sounds like Edge signing lead at 3:00. Anyone else think that? And Bono dropping in some harmony on a few parts. Also, fits the lyrics because the lyrics change from first person.

-Phil

Yes edge has a singing solo in it. The whole song sounds like it's from All that you can't leave behind

I don't mind the music so far... waiting to make a judgement on it.

I am not such a fan of Bono's cutesy aphorisms that are slapped together as lyrics for this song. Maybe it I'll get past it.

Talking about their new track, You're The Best Thing About Me, which is taken from their Songs Of Experience album, Bono revealed it's about his wife Ali Hewson.

"U2 just got to place and we said, 'what’ve we got to say? What do we want to talk about?' And imagining if we’re not around, what do you want to say?'

"And I just very selfishly grabbed the mic, as it were, and I thought: I just want to say a few things in a song for all kinds of people who are important in our life. And I wrote a couple of tunes for my partner Ali and normally I’m wary of straight love songs, but this one isn’t a straight one anyway, it’s a humorous account of a guy trying his best not to blow it."

Source: http://www.radiox.co.uk/news/music/b...UCSYmXVFO2W.97

After seeing the band perform "You're the best thing about me" live on Fallon... I love the song. As I suspected, it sounds better live and/or through a better sound system (better than a computer speaker system anyhow). Edge used the Strat for it and yes... he sings a verse himself. It's a lovely, catchy love song with some fun guitar in it...Nothing beyond the reach of a competent Edge student... I suspect it will prove to be quite a crowd pleaser.
    Last edited by JCU2; 09-08-2017 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildmorphlaw View Post
    Sounds like Edge signing lead at 3:00. Anyone else think that? And Bono dropping in some harmony on a few parts. Also, fits the lyrics because the lyrics change from first person.

-Phil
    https://youtu.be/jG2Qf-DIofk?t=190

Watch the Edge perform it here for some help

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast