Thread: AIWIY delays

AIWIY delays

Hi,
    I've been looking for the good delay settings for this song for years...
    There's a lot of modulation in the delays and the bounces are special.
    By the way, I wasn't satisfied with the one delay solution.
    I suspected The Edge to use a dual delay in parallel as he does with some versions of ISHFWILF but lower in the mix (barely audible).
    So I tested these settings and now the bounces are good to my ears.
    Yesterday evening, I decided to watch several live videos on youtube and dailymotion in order to find out if The Edge was using that kind of dual delays. And, I did find that he uses dual delays in most of the live versions of the song.
    Here's a very short audio sample of the song where we can clearly hear a dual dely in parallel (between 00:01 and 00:02). I EQed the sample to better hear the bounces (Ta - da da da da).

https://soundcloud.com/zolaive/u2-al...l-delays-copy4

Not sure, someone already talked about that in the forum, so I wanted to share the information... (but maybe it has already been discussed here. If so, I apologize).
    Olivier
    Last edited by ZOLAIVE; 09-06-2017 at 10:51 AM.

AIWIY and ISHFILF are diffult to setting with delay settings. I think that coul be two delays in series and de sencond without modulation, or maybe paralles. I have good result with the presets of Edo of bad and setting the tempo for that songs, I use 1/8 dotted and 1/8. The key is the emu of sdd300, works fine for me. DonĀ“t worry too much abaut tone and play guitar!!!!!
    Even better than the real thing

Ah, Ah !
    My problem is that I like playing guitar but I LOVE hearing good tones. AIWIY is one of the live tones that get me shiver !!!
    Cheers
    Olivier

seems like you are right according to that clip