Thread: U2 the LED Microphone

how did you make this? any tips/diy instructions? really cool!

Hi, thank you. Some info: the outside is a transparent water tube with inside an RGB led strip. The inside is a ring led lamp for car headlights (angel eyes). All powered with a lithium battery. The support is a microphone stand into which they are inserted and hidden inside, all cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory74 View Post
    Hi, thank you. Some info: the outside is a transparent water tube with inside an RGB led strip. The inside is a ring led lamp for car headlights (angel eyes). All powered with a lithium battery. The support is a microphone stand into which they are inserted and hidden inside, all cables.
    This is awesome! What kind of mic did you use? Sm58? Beta 58? So there's a switch for the colors? And it sits on a mic stand straight up?

I guess what I'm asking is, did you sit a mic through the hole? Or did you incorporate the mic into the whole piece itself?

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by msingh92; 11-25-2017 at 07:21 AM.

So cool!!!!

I used an SM58 positioned inside the hole. You can put any microphone, better than a radio microphone, so you can easily remove it. To change colors there is a remote control. All is supported by a straight microphone stand. Batteries and controllers are hidden under the base of the rod. I attach a couple of photos. HiIMG_0611.jpgIMG_0610.jpg

Blog Entries

U2 the LED Microphone

Philips has those hue led strips which change color (with remote). Will that work?

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Light...+hue+led+strip

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk