Thread: Configuring SP-1 with MFC 101

Configuring SP-1 with MFC 101

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to configure my SP-1 as a Wah and expression pedal for the Axe but I have some difficulties.

Here is my problem : When I push the Sp-1 to the maximum, the ball on the graph of the effect (wah, pitch, volume,...) only goes up to 90% but never 100%.

I carrefully followed the instructions of this video :

But when it comes to the calibration of the Sp-1 (around 4:50 in the video) I have two problems :
    - When I press the "Enter" it doesn't do anything.
    - Then, when I push the Sp-1 the values don't move. they stay at "Min 000" and "Max 127"

It's like the Sp-1 doesn't communicate with the MFC101.

What's also strange is that the information goes to the Axe Fx because I can control a Volume/Pitch/Wah block (but only to 90%)

Can someone help me, please?

Thanks you very much
    Everything is in our Hands

This is from memory. I did have this pedal and follow the instruction from the same video with no issue.

Please ensure the cable are TRS cable for each of the outputs and calibrate the correct port where the cable connected.

I hope I could help more, but I'm on my way to the office now. Will check tonight on my rig to refresh my memory on this topic, hope something I could share to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

This !

Check your cable. I had the same issue with the gcp a while ago. I also had to tell the gcp in which port the expression pedal was and to send it's info to the axe fx (as you have a mfc i assume those steps aren't necessary).

hehe, i was as well oblivious to the cable-thingy. the jack has to have 2 black rings, not only one.

Hi guys

Yes, I bought two TRS cables with two black rings on each one. Here are some pictures :

WP_20170717_17_57_25_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170717_17_56_49_Rich.jpg

What do you mean by "GCP" Jacques?

Blog Entries

Gcp = voodoolab ground control pro

What does the tip of the cable look like? I am using the stereo one, so; Tip- black ring- tip- black ring- tip - rest of cable. 3 contact points... oh, my english, sorry.
    Last edited by Jacques; 07-17-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Ok, thanks.

The tip of my cables only have two black rings. In the video, I noticed that when the guy press the "enter" button on his MFC the light becomes red. Mine doesn't light up at all....

I really hope it's not broken

Everything is good! ��

I was on the Midi section of the MFC while the calibration of the pedal is in the Setup section.��

I just made a preset for Zooropa and it sounds really great!! It's really fun to play��

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDoublecutaway View Post
    Everything is good! ��

I was on the Midi section of the MFC while the calibration of the pedal is in the Setup section.��

I just made a preset for Zooropa and it sounds really great!! It's really fun to play��
    Glad you solved it! Zooropa = fun expression pedal , lol!

related to this thread, here is my very first clip with my Axe 2 :

It's really fun to play Zooropa!! Sorry for all the off timing parts. I'm not used to play with the wah. It's really hard to keep the timing while pumping on it!

Thanks to EWB for his awesome BT
    Last edited by GDoublecutaway; 07-19-2017 at 09:02 PM.