Thread: Tech 21 Liverpool Sansamp

Tech 21 Liverpool Sansamp

I want to know what's your experience with this pedal? would you use it at the place of modelled amps inside axe fx, helix, kemper, and so on...? I like amp+cab models inside my helix, but each time I listen to this pedal demos, it seems so beautiful to me :-)

For someone on a budget, this is the best am modeler out there for the AC30. It's analog and sounds amazing. My Streets cover many years ago was done with the Liverpool because the model in the Axe-Fx back then was not very good for U2 stuff.

U2GTAdministrator

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    For someone on a budget, this is the best am modeler out there for the AC30. It's analog and sounds amazing. My Streets cover many years ago was done with the Liverpool because the model in the Axe-Fx back then was not very good for U2 stuff.

Thanks Michael! But would you suggest to use it even if my Helix has the amp sims in it? For a live use maybe is better a multifx? Mainly because I could not change parameteres of liverpool "on the fly"... Idon't know....

I would only use this if you don't like the model in the Helix. I don't use it much anymore because the Axe improved significantly. I was assuming you didn't like your alternatives. In general, less is more, so try to use what you already have in integrated systems.
    U2GTAdministrator

I would only use this if you don't like the model in the Helix. I don't use it much anymore because the Axe improved significantly. I was assuming you didn't like your alternatives. In general, less is more, so try to use what you already have in integrated systems.
    I'm making some tests. I put sdd clone with liverpool last in helix chain and I have to say they are wonderful together as one fx loop (send in sdd - return from liverpool). Also it's a wonderful amp sim. I have to say that I like it more than Helix sims. The only issue is that you have to keep the same settings for each preset if you want to use it live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantel View Post
    The only issue is that you have to keep the same settings for each preset if you want to use it live.
    How many real amps would you bring when you're playing live?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J500FN met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer32 View Post
    How many real amps would you bring when you're playing live?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J500FN met Tapatalk
    You are perfectly right ☺

which settings you used (knobs positions) on the pedal? the same as your "bad" cover?

Blog Entries
    My Streets cover many years ago was done with the Liverpool because the model in the Axe-Fx back then was not very good for U2 stuff.

Forgot how awesome this cover is! :-) Oh where has the time gone... :-(