Thread: Hello from Roma!

Hello from Roma!

Hi everybody, Daniele posting from the capital of Italy here!

Been a fan of U2 since 1988 at least, and watched live overtime they came to town since 1993, and next Sunday I'll be at Stadio Olimpico for my fifth gig.
    I've resumed playing guitar some months ago and Michael's tutorials have been great. I have more or less put together One and Sunday Bloody Sunday, now I'm trying to learn I Still Haven't Found...

As you can see, my rig is pretty basic (and pretty vintage):
    IMG_0156.jpg
    2000 Les Paul Studio, Ovation acoustic guitar (Don't remember the year, but around 2000 as well), Boss ME-6 multi effect, Fender RAD amp and Boss FW-3 wah pedal (not pictured). I really admire some of your equipment, but I can say that my stuff can be pretty loud if need be.

Thank you for welcoming me here, I'm sure it's going to be fun.

Welcome Daniele

we have similar background, and funny enough I was using until recently a Boss GT5 as a multi effects unit and some other pedals with my valve amp. Recently I've bought a Line 6 Helix and I'm having fun with it.

Have fun at the concert and happy playing

Quote Originally Posted by felobo View Post
    Welcome Daniele

we have similar background, and funny enough I was using until recently a Boss GT5 as a multi effects unit and some other pedals with my valve amp. Recently I've bought a Line 6 Helix and I'm having fun with it.

Have fun at the concert and happy playing
    Thanks, man!
    I have been thinking about the Helix quite a bit, because it would make it easier to play the Les Paul plugged into something without bothering the lady and the neighbors, but right now the price is a little steep. Maybe in the future...

check the new Helix LT, it's cheaper, or a second hand Pod HD 500x, for 200-300 € can be already a huge improvement on sound as well as being able to rehearse at home with headphones.
    If you decide to wait and go for the real thing, check also the AX-8, it is maybe an even better option than Helix if you play mainly U2

Blog Entries
    To play silent and not spending to much, you could think of an vox amplug ac30, to which you can connect headphones. It does a good ac30 imitation also !! Or record (if possible) directly to your pc & headphones (if you have a good soundcard already).

Many ways to Rome (sorry, couldn't resist)..