Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U2 plays Toronto!

U2 plays Toronto!

IMG_6677.jpg

U2 rocks Toronto, Ontario, Canada this evening!

Opening act the Lumineers doing a good rendition of "Hey, ho!"

IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6682.jpg
    Post Lumineers stretch...

IMG_6684.jpg
    Rogers opened the dome for U2!

IMG_6686.jpg
    Black shirt night in Toronto....

Blog Entries

U2 plays Toronto!

And? Was it a good gig? Sound? Surprises (besides the black outfit, lol)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    And?
    One word...AWESOME!

This is the 11th time I've seen them and I would have to say, it was one of the best shows I've seen. It felt like the concert was only 10 minutes long it went by so fast. From the get-go, you don't have a moment to catch your breath. It's just one classic song followed by another, the entire show. It was U2 going back to what they do best...putting on a great rock'n'roll show!!

I didn't get a chance to see them in 1987, but at times, it sure felt like it was 1987 again. Hearing In God's Country, Red Hill Mining Town, Mother's of the Disappeared, BTBS with Edge leaning into the amp. to produce an awesome feedback sound, Exit, Mother's, I Still, Trip Through Your Wires, Streets, SBS, Pride, Bad, NYD...One Tree Hill, ah man, it was absolute U2 heaven. It felt simple and intimate, even in a cavernous place like Rogers Centre. The screen is amazing and it was amazing how they used it. The crowd was awesome too, for a bunch of people in their 40's and 50's. Not very many young people where I was, I think they were on the floor. The place went nuts when Bono asked the band to play one more song at the end...I Will Follow!

Bono sounded great, not 1987 great, but 2017, 57 year's old great! Edge's guitar could have been louder, but it sounded fantastic. You would be hard pressed to tell when he was or wasn't using the Axe-Fx...Kudo's to Fractal! I think Edge's guitars all sounded great and he was having a ball playing...still jumping around the stage like a teenager!

Edge messed up on SBS. He had just finished playing the harmonics, then in the next part instead of strumming D, Em, D, he started to play the harmonics again. Bono stopped singing and looked at Edge with the 'what the hell are you doing look' then Edge clued in and quickly got to the right part. It was funny. Nice to see after all these years and the thousands of times they've played the song, they're still human.

For those of you who decided to sit this one out or are planning to sit this one out...big mistake, in my opinion. With the boys in their late 50's, how many more chances do you think you're going to get to see them? I would see this show again in a heartbeat! Highly unlikely you're ever going to be able to see them play a set list like this again!

Main Set

Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Year's Day
    Bad, Suzanne (snippet), Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen) (snippet)
    Pride
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With Or Without You
    Bullet The Blue Sky, America (Stephen Sondheim) (snippet)
    Running To Stand Still
    Red Hill Mining Town
    In God's Country
    Trip Through Your Wires
    One Tree Hill
    Exit, Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe (snippet)
    Mothers Of The Disappeared

Encore

Miss Sarajevo
    Beautiful Day, O Canada! (snippet)
    Elevation
    Vertigo, It's Only Rock And Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
    Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
    One with Here Us Coming, Lord
    I Will Follow
    Last edited by Toopy14; 06-24-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Well Tony summed it up perfectly. Couldn't agree more. Hands down best concert for Me, despite the massive venue size. Highlight for me was streets. As soon as edge went into the opening riff, as if they hadn't set the tone already with all the songs prior to, this just took it to the next level and transported you back to the 80's. Was very emotional (wife started to cry). Was an amazing Concert, and an unbelieveable experience.

Guys, please stop!! I still have about a month to go before Dublin and i cant wait!!!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J500FN met Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Great report Tony, good read. Glad you guys in canada enjoyed it! Like rob i can't wait to see and hear them again myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast