Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axe "Name Timeout"

Axe "Name Timeout"

I got the error message "Name Timout" today on my MFC while I was playing with the band. I had to shut the Axe off and on again and the problem was solved. I'm worried a bit as I don't know what happened and if that could happen more often, especially while playing a show. Any experience with that?
    Axe Fx Ultra and II XL+, MFC-101, JMI Vox AC-30 1962, Strat/LP

https://www.facebook.com/PlugnPlay-223424367685990/

Are you using midi cables?

I use the Faslink port to connect the MFC with the Axe. Nothing else.

I had a cable issue with mine, and I also updated to latest firmware. May want to check axe forums.

Blog Entries
    Did it re-occur?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Did it re-occur?
    No, fortunately not anymore so far. I hope it will not on our gig this Saturday ...
    Thanks for asking.
    Last edited by macky7tyseven; 02-22-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    No worries! Hope also it won't happen again! Have a good gig!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

all good? any more issues? howd the gig go?

Hi everyone!

Yesterday, I updated my MFC to be able to control scenes within my presets.
    After update and configuration it worked perfectly fine but today it doesn't work anymore and my MFC screen is saying "axefx name timeout!"

The MFC kept in memory that button 1 is assigned to scene1, button 2 to scene 2....
    But when I push one of these button the MFC change the preset instead of changing the scene. Also, the name of the preset doesn't appear on the screen of the MFC. There's only written the number of the preset.

Can someone help, please? thanks!!

PS : I have the Axe II with MFC Mark 1 or 2 (I don't know how to check... XD)
    Everything is in our Hands

From the web: "14.6 Troubleshooting "Name Timeout" problems "Name Timeout" errors are difficult to troubleshoot. They can be caused by various issues, ranging from incorrect settings in the MFC-*‐101, to faulty cables, to product damage. Every Axe-*‐Fx and MFC-*‐101 are tested at the factory for proper communication and operation of all ports. If you encounter a name timeout problem, we will work with you to resolve the issue. First, check to be sure that all cables are seated properly.

Confirm that you have the correct port and Axe-*‐Fx mode selected in the MFC -*‐101. See Chapter 3 of this manual for BASIC SETTINGS. If the problem persists, try a different cable. If you are using a 5-*‐pin MIDI cable, the name timeout may indicate an inferior cable, wired on only three pins. Likewise for a 7-*‐pin cable, which maybe wired on only five pins. Cables can also be defective (yes, even brand-*‐new ones). If you're using an Ethernet or EtherCON cable, make sure it's not a crossover type. One of the real problems with damaged cables is that they can also cause damage to your Axe-*‐Fx II or MFC-*‐101. Note: if your Internet/EtherCON port is not working, you may still be able to use the Axe-*‐Fx and MFC-*‐101 together over 7-*‐pin or 5-*‐pin MIDI with either phantom power or by connecting the supplied AC adapter directly to the MFC-*‐101.

If trouble persists, your Axe-*‐Fx II probably requires service. Port damage can be caused by faulty cables, connecting/disconnecting carelessly/with power on, inserting the wrong type of cable in your Axe-*‐Fx II MFC port, connecting it to a hub/router, or a number of other mishaps. If you've gone through all of the above options and you still encounter a name timeout problem, please contact us via http://support.fractalaudio.com. Let us know what you've already tried and we will help arrange service."
    Kjetil Gilje

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast