Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: U2 Joshua Tree Tour Edge Guitar amps on Stage

Blog Entries
    Great post Phil. Glad you enjoyed the show....can't wait to see them in Toronto in June.

Good points, Phil. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much
    Kjetil Gilje

Great input Phil choices n changes over the years.
    Amps under the Stage confirmed by Bob Bradshaw :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce365ms View Post
    Great input Phil choices n changes over the years.
    Amps under the Stage confirmed by Bob Bradshaw :-)
    Right, so there are amps there ;-))
    Any idea of it's the new line of amps or edge's old vox?

I saw them last night at the Rose Bowl.

Really it was an incredible show. The sound was great, the band played very, very well, and the whole experience was one of my best. I had heard some negative reviews about the lack of energy, and I could see that the audience wasn't quite as hyped as some previous tours, but it was still great by all standards. My highest energy U2 show was in Salt Lake in 2001. I've never heard a crowd so loud and energized.

I did feel the same way about Edge's quack tone as I did listening to the aforementioned clips. It's just not the same. It is absolutely missing some crucial quack and tube compression.

I'm not sure what his signal chain is, but something is critically different. My buddy who attended and is also a gear-head thought it sounded like his Tweed was cranked too high and was adding some raspy-ness to the top end.

Here are some clips and Edge's Bullet Solo.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rw_Knr3dT_kPQc

Blog Entries
    I love the idea Edge has AX8's on the rig in the show

I can just imagine Dallas packing an AX8 with Edges AC30 and Cab tonematch loaded into a bag with a Guitar so Edge can go home after rehearsals and dial in a song patch and then Come back and plug it it the rig

It makes Edge more efficient and Carbon neutral not having Roadies following him around taking the Cabinet and Amps to his pads around the world

Makes complete sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

To me the whole purpose for Edge to have the AX8 or the FX2 is only for live shows. With the real deal you have to make sure that all the switches of each and every effect and amp is set that value that makes it sound sweet, and with amps, even things like the weather have an impact on the tone, so, specially for Dallas, is a lot of work before a concert, and many possibilities of having problems. Having the FX2 or AX8 makes this process super easy and trouble free.

Now, for creating new sounds and inspiration, nothing like the real amps and effects with real switches and dials to find that killing new tone.

Axe Fx for repeatability and convenience vs Real deal for creativity and inspiration

Just saw Houston. Amazing show. Good tones and a few new guitars! Did anyone see thr new Les Paul he used at the start of the show? Seemed different than ones Ive seen.
    Last edited by budrothedog; 05-25-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumu2 View Post
    My highest energy U2 show was in Salt Lake in 2001. I've never heard a crowd so loud and energized.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rw_Knr3dT_kPQc
    I was on the floor, in the heart at that show as well. Best U2 show I have ever seen. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by wildmorphlaw View Post
    I was on the floor, in the heart at that show as well. Best U2 show I have ever seen. Hands down.
    Nice! We probably brushed shoulders because I was there too. Right side a couple rows back in front of Adam.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast