Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: U2 Joshua Tree Tour Edge Guitar amps on Stage

U2 Joshua Tree Tour Edge Guitar amps on Stage

Here is a photo of 'The Edge's" amps on stage at Vancouver 2017 Joshua Tree tour opening night.

IMG_3399.jpg

Great Show!!! Got to shake Dallas Shoo's hand before the show and thank hime for all what he does for The Edge and U2.

Jd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jakeman19; 05-13-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    That looks like edge signature fender blues amp? How did it all sound?

The fender isn't microphoned....., isn't it?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    "It´s a musical journey!" (Larry)

I've seen some discussion about the Vox also, it doesn't seem to be mic'd. I suggested that there could be mic'd amps under the stage or in the back. Edo said he agreed: "Agree, there might be the usual 5 amp setup under the stage and the 2 stage amps are just for stage volume / feedback"
    Kjetil Gilje

This photo was taken with my cell phone and zoomed in as best I could. Not sure if the VOX is mic'd as the stool from the piano is in the way. Also doen't look like the Fender amp is mic'd either, just the grey grilled speaker, Fender cabinet? Edewannabe, you could very well be correct that amps in the underworld are mic'd up or maybe he was running everything with the Fractal Axe FX II. I did get to meet Dallas Shoo on the floor ever so breifly as he looked like he was in a rush to back stage, I shook his hand and thanked him for all what he does for the Edge and wish him luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    That looks like edge signature fender blues amp? How did it all sound?

Jacques, show sounded great. Yes, seems to be The Edge Deluxe Fender amp or the original classic '57 Tweed Deluxe that Dallas got for him.

Blog Entries
    From Matt at Fractal Audio;

"It's an evolved version of the rig used on the last tour. I got a text from a friend at the show who said the Fractal Audio gear had performed flawlessly. I also understand that there are now some AX8s in the rig as well.

Speaking of Edge, have you seen his signature amp from Fender? I've played it and it sounds incredible. It's a reproduction of one of his favorite vintage Deluxe amps (which I've also played). I would love to see a model of that amp at some point. We'll have to see what happens!"

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/is-the-edge-going-with-axe-fx-for-the-new-tour.127369/#post-1516110

This is a great review of the Seattle show from a first time U2 concert goer.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...2#post-1516163

Thanks for the quote from Matt, Tony. Soon we will now more, I'm sure
    Kjetil Gilje

Blog Entries
    As soon as Edo is finished with his tour and starts attending shows, we'll definitely know all the details. Hopefully, as well, a reporter does an interview with Dallas and he gives them a tour of the 'underworld'.

Sure would be nice if Fractal models the Edge amp.

I'm not very convinced with the tone in streets, from the video in Toopy's post, it misses the warmth of a valve amp on the edge of break up, I don't know what set up Egde has, so i'm not saying that it is all Fractal with no real amp, just saying that I prefer the tone from previous tours

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast