Thread: Acrobat - Joe and Helen's alternate version

Acrobat - Joe and Helen's alternate version

Now here is a long-term project of mine. its a simplified/acoustic version of one of my all-time favorits. although its not really pure acoustic and its definitely not simplified with more than 40 tracks in reaper.
    i found it very rewarding to deconstruct the whole song and build it new. you get to know the song so much better.
    about a year ago, hanne, one of our fellow forum members here, posted a great cover of wowy, with his daughter singing. i found that voice fantastic and intriguing, so i asked her, if she would help me with this cover. her very unique voice fits so nicely to this version imho. so my special thx go to helene for helping me out.
    i really hope, those of you, who take the time to listen, enjoy it as much as i do. for my ears, that song is one of the most powerful songs in their arsenal and i really loved to spend time with it.
    http://youtu.be/dErXu_Njj3c

Impressed!!! Wow ...

I like you being creative on a song. It's one thing to try to copy a songs as accurate as possible, but it is more artistic to give it your own interpretation. I one heard that being creative is what Edge would expect from his followers. Do your own thing on the basis of some other thing.

Congratulations!
    Axe Fx Ultra and II XL+, MFC-101, JMI Vox AC-30 1962, Strat/LP

https://www.facebook.com/PlugnPlay-223424367685990/

Well done ! Captivating atmosphere coming out from this creation of yours.

Blog Entries
    Great again joe, great atmosphere in the video. If i can say one thing, i am not sure about the vocals fitting together; The original is of course edge's soaring guitar with a, maybe also, soaring bono over it. That is the stage for the (bringing over of the) lyrics (for me). Ofcourse you have your own twist, i like the guitar parts, but then i am not sure how to fit in the (combo of) voices. But that just popped up in my mind listening to the clip. Still love that you stir and poke into the songs ;-)))

thank you guys for the feeback. really appreciate that. we had long discussions about the vocals. and i have to say, that they turned out to be exactly as i hoped. i wanted them to be distinguishingly different from the original. not just the tone, but also the feeling, they convey. to fit the overall mood of the cover, at least for my ears. but hey, its a journey. learned again a ton. productionwise and about the song. after so many years, amazing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    thank you guys for the feeback. really appreciate that. we had long discussions about the vocals. and i have to say, that they turned out to be exactly as i hoped. i wanted them to be distinguishingly different from the original. not just the tone, but also the feeling, they convey. to fit the overall mood of the cover, at least for my ears. but hey, its a journey. learned again a ton. productionwise and about the song. after so many years, amazing
    And keep on making them, mate. You are one of the few who do that.

Any plans for hawkmoon?

Joe ! one thing .... GREAT.

keep on man

sgrain

This is a thoughtful and artistic interpretation.

I admit it - I have not been to this forum for a long time. I always do very hard with "foreign languages". Today I am looking for some insights about "Desire" and "Kite" and I am running this video on the way. The recordings are already a bit older - but this song still moves me. THANK YOU!

btw ... Here Helene sings as guest with Zoundquadrat "one"