Thread: Please some feedback on my tone

Lightbulb Please some feedback on my tone

Hey guys,

I've made a small sound clip of my current streets tone using the axe ultra & michaels presets (didn't use the amp / cabinets but a real vox amp).
    I'm finding difficulties setting up the drive block to get the tones that michael gets on his full cover. Somehow i'm missing some sort of "tightness in my tone.." :-)
    I've also added a few pics of the drive block. Any help would be a great help!

https://soundcloud.com/pjwentink/streets-v10

Thanks !

Pieter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Needs more mids, less bass, and a little lower level on the delay.

Using a real amp is always going to be tricky - it depends on what edition of an AC30 you've actually got. The Edge's vintage amp has no master volume control and is thus extremely loud. A lot of the "tightness" you're likely missing comes from pushing the (old, worn) Alnico Blue speakers extremely hard, which makes the tone more compressed. You can try running a compressor in the FX loop, if your Vox has one, to compress the signal before it his the speakers. It won't be same, but it may get you closer without you having to dime the volume on your amp. Just watch the gain level on the compressor - you generally don't want to add much gain in the loop.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by coldstar View Post
    Needs more mids, less bass, and a little lower level on the delay.

Using a real amp is always going to be tricky - it depends on what edition of an AC30 you've actually got. The Edge's vintage amp has no master volume control and is thus extremely loud. A lot of the "tightness" you're likely missing comes from pushing the (old, worn) Alnico Blue speakers extremely hard, which makes the tone more compressed. You can try running a compressor in the FX loop, if your Vox has one, to compress the signal before it his the speakers. It won't be same, but it may get you closer without you having to dime the volume on your amp. Just watch the gain level on the compressor - you generally don't want to add much gain in the loop.

Thanks for your feeback > really helpfull !

I've tweaked a few thinks in streets and noticed the difference right away.

Quote Originally Posted by pjwentink View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/pjwentink/pride-v10

Did pride this morning, all feedback is welcome !

And here's streets V2.0

https://soundcloud.com/pjwentink/streets-v20

Definitely better.

I'd still add more drive, and some more modulation on the echos. For SDD-3000 authenticity, set the wave shape to triangle. I've been using dotted 1/4 for the rate - which sounds nice to me...

IMO, The Edge's Vox is actually quite scooped in the mids, which is why he can nail it with a really hot mid-boosted signal at the front and it still sounds "open" and not "buzzy".

Quote Originally Posted by coldstar View Post
    Definitely better.

I'd still add more drive, and some more modulation on the echos. For SDD-3000 authenticity, set the wave shape to triangle. I've been using dotted 1/4 for the rate - which sounds nice to me...

IMO, The Edge's Vox is actually quite scooped in the mids, which is why he can nail it with a really hot mid-boosted signal at the front and it still sounds "open" and not "buzzy".
    Again, great tips, i will try update my tones. Thanks !!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

What kind of Vox Amp are you using? That wasn't made clear by you, I didn't want to assume it was an AC30. There are some users that use the Axe with and AC30 that could chime in. I have a AC4 that I could help with some settings if needed.

Ac30 with weber alnico speakers

Getting closer. But I always like tones on the original album.... So I woud try not to add to much grit.
    try 30 on the feedback and 40 on the mix.