Thread: Easiest way to record from Axe to Soundcloud

Easiest way to record from Axe to Soundcloud

I would like to post clips of some sounds/presets to the group. I have my Axe II attached to my Mac, I have Audacity installed and I have a soundcloud account. Can somebody advise my about the easiest way to record a sound clip for soundcloud? Do I need additional software? What's the process?

Thanksabunch!
    Axe Fx Ultra and II XL+, MFC-101, JMI Vox AC-30 1962, Strat/LP

https://www.facebook.com/PlugnPlay-223424367685990/

Make sure audacity sees your axefx as a soundcard.
    Play and record.
    Export as WAV or mp3
    Upload to soundcloud

www.mounttemple.nl

Blog Entries
    Easiest way, as i did myself (not sure if you want to record over a backing track, if so, add that track first (drag drop) in audiacity).

Axe fx - usb - mac - audiacity. Make sure like rob says audiacity 'sees' the axe fx. On the mac itself that shouldn't be a problem. Input must come from axe fx.

Create (besides a backing track) and empty stereo track, click 'record' and off you go...

After recording you might notice you recorded to loud or whatever, simply adjust and rerecord until you are happy. In audiacity you can also easy lower volume or raise if necessary. It's really straight forward.

Wav is better quality that mp3, and mp3 needs extra libraries added. You might skip that for first recordings.