Thread: Elevation Patch Axe II

Elevation Patch Axe II

I had to update my Elevation Patch from the Ultra (with Amps) to Axe II on Q6.03 (FOH). That's what I came up with. I use a Kay Fuzz clone in the FX-Loop, so don't look out for the intro sound. I never recorded my patches from the Axe into soundcloud, but I would be interested to learn how that works - if it's easy .... If I found out, I will post a clip.

Elevation 1-5.syx

Scene 1: Intro (Kay Fuzz clone in FX Loop)
    Scene 2: Chorus
    Scene 3: Verse (then switch back to scene 2)
    Scene 4: Bridge
    Scene 5: Solo (Scene 2 Vol+2)

I learned that many of you are using the Kay Fuzz for the Verse (instead of my Scene 3 I guess). I will try that out.
    Last edited by macky7tyseven; 02-01-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Axe Fx Ultra and II XL+, MFC-101, JMI Vox AC-30 1962, Strat/LP

https://www.facebook.com/PlugnPlay-223424367685990/

Quote Originally Posted by macky7tyseven View Post
    I had to update my Elevation Patch from the Ultra (with Amps) to Axe II on Q6.03 (FOH). That's what I came up with. I use a Kay Fuzz clone in the FX-Loop, so don't look out for the intro sound. I never recorded my patches from the Axe into soundcloud, but I would be interested to learn how that works - if it's easy .... If I found out, I will post a clip.

Elevation 1-5.syx

Scene 1: Intro (Kay Fuzz clone in FX Loop)
    Scene 2: Chorus
    Scene 3: Verse (then switch back to scene 2)
    Scene 4: Bridge
    Scene 5: Solo (Scene 2 Vol+2)

I learned that many of you are using the Kay Fuzz for the Verse (instead of my Scene 3 I guess). I will try that out.
    Im not getting a kay fuzz sound in scene 1. I'm guessing you mean you have a physical device wired into it...?

Have anyone been able to model this on the fractal? Thanks!
    Last edited by abefroman; 09-15-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abefroman View Post
    Have anyone been able to model this on the fractal? Thanks!
    Edo has.

https://soundcloud.com/u2sounds/1-el...vation/s-7z640

With Edo's presets be aware that they don't necessarily sound as the samples sound.
    As far as I'm concerned, the presets I got from Edo's pack don't sound like the samples with my gear.
    I can't understand why 'cause I use the good guitars (For most of the Joshua Tree songs, my Fender Strat Select) ; I have an Axe FX II XL+ and good studio headphones.
    The sound I get has lots of drive, too many lows and lack of brilliance and space. It's not the same sound as the one I can hear with the samples.
    Maybe, it's because Edo plays these presets live at high volumes mixed with his real VOX AC 30.
    Really weird...
    I wasn't patient enough to tweak Edo's presets and get good tones. So I don't use them, by now.
    Apparently, I'm not the only one to have this issue.
    Cheers

Blog Entries
    I took Edo's presets and immediately pointed the amps at my preferred AC30 Cab IR - I found the stock IR he used to issue these with to be a bit bassy- then they sounded amazing.

TBH - you need to have a little patience with any posted patch in the Axe - I tend to go straight to the levels of the blocks and tweak each one until they sound right - level settings on the blocks just reduce or increase the sonic distortion sent to the next block in the chain, and this tweak usually cleans up the sound really well. If it still sounds distorted - adjust the input level of the guitar - mine is always set at 50% irrespective of which guitar - based on me turning off all the blocks in a patch and just have the amp and cab ir enabled - go to the input level page on the axe screen then strum the strings gently - you should get the input of the guitar to go 2/3rd of the way up the spectrometer leds - then open E chord across all 6 strings with a bit of gusto - the lights should just tickle the top red led light - this input level will give the best dynamic response in the Axe.
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Quote Originally Posted by ZOLAIVE View Post
    With Edo's presets be aware that they don't necessarily sound as the samples sound.
    As far as I'm concerned, the presets I got from Edo's pack don't sound like the samples with my gear.
    I can't understand why 'cause I use the good guitars (For most of the Joshua Tree songs, my Fender Strat Select) ; I have an Axe FX II XL+ and good studio headphones.
    The sound I get has lots of drive, too many lows and lack of brilliance and space. It's not the same sound as the one I can hear with the samples.
    Maybe, it's because Edo plays these presets live at high volumes mixed with his real VOX AC 30.
    Really weird...
    I wasn't patient enough to tweak Edo's presets and get good tones. So I don't use them, by now.
    Apparently, I'm not the only one to have this issue.
    Cheers
    That is the first negative review I have seen but now I definitely have pause for spending 100 Euro on something that might not sound good....

I am using a Mexican Strat and a basic Epiphone LP as my two guitars...

Hi rewddog,
    Well I already tweaked the levels and I nearly got rid of the saturation problem but the tone is still dull, with lots of lows and no "air". Would you share your IRs so that I can try them ? BTW, thanks for the tips. Olivier
    Last edited by ZOLAIVE; 09-17-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rewddog View Post
    I took Edo's presets and immediately pointed the amps at my preferred AC30 Cab IR - I found the stock IR he used to issue these with to be a bit bassy- then they sounded amazing.

TBH - you need to have a little patience with any posted patch in the Axe - I tend to go straight to the levels of the blocks and tweak each one until they sound right - level settings on the blocks just reduce or increase the sonic distortion sent to the next block in the chain, and this tweak usually cleans up the sound really well. If it still sounds distorted - adjust the input level of the guitar - mine is always set at 50% irrespective of which guitar - based on me turning off all the blocks in a patch and just have the amp and cab ir enabled - go to the input level page on the axe screen then strum the strings gently - you should get the input of the guitar to go 2/3rd of the way up the spectrometer leds - then open E chord across all 6 strings with a bit of gusto - the lights should just tickle the top red led light - this input level will give the best dynamic response in the Axe.
    Name of this "preferred" AC30 Cab IR" ???

Quote Originally Posted by ZOLAIVE View Post
    Name of this "preferred" AC30 Cab IR" ???
    Lol. Exactly what I was thinking...

Hi,
    I found this IR on the Axe FX forum and it changed Edo's presets radically : no more dull and bassy sound.
    It's supposed to be Edo's cab. It called MyVoxAC30-SM58.syx
    Here's the link http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=51
    Maybe, it's the one rewddog was talking about...
    I would be interested to know if someone usinf Edo's presets pack found other good IRs to replace the Factory IRs that are used in Edo's preset packs.
    Cheers
    Olivier